How many New Yorker's Left?

Hey I was only trying to help. If 10% is not acceptable -- come up with your own figure. This does not take away from the fact that the 1975 1978 Imperial/NYB's were hands down one of the best road cars i have ever experienced.

What's wrong with you people?
One of xxx out of nnn,nnn of 99% of Formals have no special significance.

I agree. From post 20….

Humans want finite answers even when none exist. We don’t do well when there is no answer. We make up stuff to ease our own minds.

Okay, thanks for letting me know, I just thought I'd look into it, seemed like a pretty interesting query, maybe next summer I'll try to start a database for all the surviving 77 New Yorkers, at least to get an idea of how many are left and being cared for. Either way, it will be a tough project, but it could yield pretty cool results, it will just take me time with being busy with everything going on.

Young Formal owners unite! Best of luck on your beaut.

98.8% of those remaining are green:rolleyes:.

I like green.:)
Mine is....

IMG_54481.jpg

20200312_172257.jpg

20200312_172235.jpg

My highschool science teacher had a formal New Yorker. Drove it to work every day, and still used it for vacations. When he retired in 2015 or so, it had over 300,000 miles. He was proud that he had kept it so long, and talked about it like it was a trophy to his years of maintenance. Any car has a chance to last forever as long as it doesn't get wrecked or rust into oblivion. Your question really boils down to how many people have that level of dedication + the number of cars sitting somewhere.
Last week I passed by a new yorker that looked pretty good. It was sitting under the carport of an abandoned building. Maybe someday ill hunt down the owner and buy it. Google maps shows it sitting in the same place since at least 2008:
new yorker.png

Last edited:
Back