How much OIL cooling is cost effective to an Arizona Urbanite?

I've got a NOS (paper/steel) can of Arco Graphite 10W-30 on the shelf. Don't get any on your fingers! Or anything else. Lots of black particles in the oil.

CBODY67

Project Farm just made a video on that stuff.

Lower QS additive levels are indicative of the current SN+ oils, other than the lower zinc, which is more like the prior SN oils.

In the earlier '70s, Atlantic Richfield (ARCO) was struggling to stay alive. The graphite motor oil was on way for them to get attention. It's probably no worse than any other motor oil back then, when oil basestocks were still a selling point to some (as Amalie had Pennsylvania crude rather than from somewhere else).

In modern oils, it might be that physical additives may have been replaced with higher quality basestocks?

Thanks for posting,
CBODY67

Quick note: Please, for future reference include the S.I. or SAE unit designation for numbers you refer to. Volatiles boil out of motor oil at 150 Celsius, which is 302 Fahrenheit. Suffice to say, I don't plan to ever allow Mathilda's old mill to get closer than 2/3 of that. This is what I design to prevent!
Farrenheit, I live in USA and am not a scientist. My measurements will be I inches also. CCs if we are talking combustion chamber volume or down fill volume for pop up pistons.:thumbsup:

For MOST of our purposes, SAE (Fahrenheit, inches, pounds, horsepower, et al) works great! I just got too happy when I first saw that I could boil the **** out of my motor oil at 150 degrees. Then, I got skeptical and checked. It IS 150 degrees alright..... :D

Back