For Sale How rare is cross ram? Not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20180618_154247.jpg
So this is the only number for both of them?

BTW Newport 66, If your missing the block off plates . Jeff Carter of JCRestorations out in the Seattle area haz re-popped those with the two mounting bolt holes set correctly. You'll have band saw both endz and then final sand them I'd think on a wheel sander to custom fit them to your ramz but if you don't have them you'll be one step closer then you'd be without 'um. I don't know where to send you for the Balance Tube hoses? You do know that they're different diameter on each end to match the balance tube and the different diameter nipple on the ram castings rite? Only Mother Mopar would do such ah thing. And az far'z I know they're NS1 on the Entire Planet lol. Jer

BTW Newport 66, If your missing the block off plates . Jeff Carter of JCRestorations out in the Seattle area haz re-popped those with the two mounting bolt holes set correctly. You'll have band saw both endz and then final sand them I'd think on a wheel sander to custom fit them to your ramz but if you don't have them you'll be one step closer then you'd be without 'um. I don't know where to send you for the Balance Tube hoses? You do know that they're different diameter on each end to match the balance tube and the different diameter nipple on the ram castings rite? Only Mother Mopar would do such ah thing. And az far'z I know they're NS1 on the Entire Planet lol. Jer
Rinaldi Brothers in Mass. has re-pop balance tube hoses and clamps.yes, the ends of the hoses are different sizes. I do not know why, something to do with harmonics or pressure?

Rinaldi Brothers in Mass. has re-pop balance tube hoses and clamps.yes, the ends of the hoses are different sizes. I do not know why, something to do with harmonics or pressure?

As only ONE casting number, one part number for the pair, AND there should be no need for "warranty replacement" of pieces thereof, the two sides would be cataloged as "assembly" rather than individuals. The balance tube hose having different diameter ends could well be to ensure that they would not be assembled incorrectly by "someone" (inside or outside of the factory). To ensure "correct, as designed, assembly".

Enjoy!
CBODY67

The different diameter rubber hose ends could be due to the manifold being a thick wall casting vs. balance tube being thin mild steel? I'll research this further, but CBODY67 has more knowledge than me, that's for sure.....

I just know that some of the things the engineers might do seem "unusual" to us, but they have their own little ways of ensuring their designs get assembled as THEY desired, not what we might "think" they need to be. Sometimes better, sometimes not.

Mopar parts showing up in my area. I think this is the same guy selling some manual transmissions. The link below has a bunch of stuff, but I noticed some green door panels with a brougham label. I'm guessing brougham anything is likely C body.

Mopar 426 hemi magnesium Keith black blower intake -
Mopar 426 hemi magnesium Keith black blower intake

Last edited:
And thanks for the tip on the plates!!!
Your Welcome. Passing information iz what makez the hobby work, IMHO. And Thank You for the Rinaldi Brothers information. I mentioned what I thought waz correct only because I bought the last 4 balance tube hoses I could find anywhere thru' my local Napa Dealer and he scoured the Napa Whole USA Dealer System to find me those 4 tubez. And that waz in '05. The 2nd set went with the Batwagon when I sold it in '13, Jer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back