How to attach windshield trim - 65 Fury

barsteel

Reaction score
Hello!

Finally found a nice cowl cover for my '65 Fury, painted it, and it's ready for install. The panel was missing when I got the car, although the windshield trim was in the trunk.

The bottom trim strip, the one that mounts to the cowl cover, only had 2 clips. They slide into the channels in the backside of the trim (see pic). The side and top pieces have no clips at all, nor do they have an inside lip to hold a clip.

Where can I get the clip for the lower trim strip?

What do I use for the side and top pieces?

Thanks...

Chris

20200224_142220_resized.jpg

A lot of parts stores carry Au-Vee-co automotive trim clips
Homepage
That will match up the lower molding clips.

Without any additional pictures,I am guessing..
As for the side and top moldings the clips are stationary and supposed to be in the roof and pillars.
Typically they are screwed down before the windshield goes in.
If they are rusted or missing, I hate to say the glass has to come out to replace them..
Depending on how important they are to you.
Hope this helps

A lot of parts stores carry Au-Vee-co automotive trim clips
Homepage
That will match up the lower molding clips.

Without any additional pictures,I am guessing..
As for the side and top moldings the clips are stationary and supposed to be in the roof and pillars.
Typically they are screwed down before the windshield goes in.
If they are rusted or missing, I hate to say the glass has to come out to replace them..
Depending on how important they are to you.
Hope this helps
Barge - Thanks for the info. I'll give Au-Vee-Co a call and I'm sure that they can point me to someone who carries the clip, since they don't sell direct.

I do recall that there were some form of clips in the windshield channel, so I will see if I can figure out how the moldings go in. They were off the car when I got it (along with ALL of the interior chrome, which took a while), so I will have to figger it out.

Chris

Back