How to check Pitman arm, Noise from the front suspension!?

It is a labor intensive job to do but well worth your efforts, the worst part is getting the torsion bars out. I don't know your area but I am sure with some searching you can find someone to do it. If you were closer... but your half the country away. Anyone want to road trip?

not tryin to be a deek about it, but im pretty sure it was advised to do the whole thing last time :)

so as to avoid this time :)

anyways it is what it is and we are here now, so -

unhook that wore out crap and carry it to the local shop. I got the joints changed and the bushes pressed for $40/hr shop labor rate. and have em throw it in the vat for a day or two and knock any old goop off it.

and then spray bomb it at minimum. or por 15 it or whatever.

then bolt that goodness back on. done.

try not to die -

- saylor

I would totally do it myselfe but i can not do this in an apartment parkinglot. And I also cant pay someone to take the suspension apart and pay 6h of labor.... i am actually aware of the amaount of work this is lol.

well at least you know now what needs to be done.
If anyone is near enough to you I think a case of suds would do the trick!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I would totally do it myselfe but i can not do this in an apartment parkinglot. And I also cant pay someone to take the suspension apart and pay 6h of labor.... i am actually aware of the amaount of work this is lol.

I feel for your situation... but somethings got to give. Search around for a while for a reasonable shop you might trust to do the work while you save your pennies or maybe there is a do it yourself garage around you somewhere. Either way, gather your research while waiting and make sure the shop will allow you to supply the parts before ordering them. There is a legal reason most shops wont deal with customer supplied parts... has to do with liabilities and I would flat refuse to do it. The shop may well buy the items from the suppliers you find, but they won't hold the same responsibilities for product failure... need a lawyer to understand it... but it's out there.

This is not a good thing to put off indefinitely, it affects the safe operation of your car.

Yeah! I am also pretty new to the area I live in now too and there is a friday cruise in across the street during the summer. Not many mopars but some, just havent met their owners yet, maybe I can talk to someone there.... there is one DIY Garage somwhere 20mi away or so, but they aint cheap either. Gotta figure out what im gonna do. Normally the apartment management dosent mind when someone does change a tire or does some other smaller stuff, but that job would be too big for a parkinglot repair...

Yeah! I am also pretty new to the area I live in now too and there is a friday cruise in across the street during the summer. Not many mopars but some, just havent met their owners yet, maybe I can talk to someone there.... there is one DIY Garage somwhere 20mi away or so, but they aint cheap either. Gotta figure out what im gonna do. Normally the apartment management dosent mind when someone does change a tire or does some other smaller stuff, but that job would be too big for a parkinglot repair...

I have even used self storage places before... some are very flexible. Don't assume, ask before parting with rent money... you would want a very big, wide unit to do this kind of work in. The up side would be you have a place to secure it if the job goes into overtime... as many do.

While all of this is being planned, go and get yourself a torsion bar removal tool from Mancini. Normally, I am loathe to spend money on a tool I will use only once or twice in a decade, but this one is worth it. People have used vise grips (which I would strongly advise against), blocks of wood clamped to the bars, etc. to drive them out, but this tool is pretty much guaranteed to remove even the most stubborn ones. You can probably find one used somewhere if you are looking to save some $.

Back