How to? - Install Mopar Chrome box electronic ignition in my '65 Fury...

barsteel

Reaction score
Hello!

One last thing to figure out for the 440 transplant is how to hook up the ignition. The '70 440 has the factory electronic "chrome box" ignition, and I'd like to stay with that, at least for the time being.

The engine bay wiring harness on the '65 Fury has two hot wires running to the coil, so I'm going to need to figure out how to make the Mopar ignition work with the current wiring harness.

Any schematics or "how to" articles available?

Thanks...

Chris

How did you handle the driverside motormount for a 70 RB block into a 65 C-body?

The '70 440 has the factory electronic "chrome box" ignition, and I'd like to stay with that, at least for the time being.
I'm curious, are you saying the car you pulled the motor from had an electronic ignition installed? I ask because electronic ignition was not factory in 1970.

As Barsteel hasn't returned on this one, I'll guess he means the Chrysler-style elec box, not specifically the original one. And chrome could either be the Mopar Perf chrome box, or a parts store box, as the originals in 72 (is that when it was released?) were blue, IIRC.

Back