How to report fraud

64Imperial

Reaction score
Hey I have a seller that I know is using photo's that are found online and only wants to be paid through money apps. How do I report this? I have screen shots of everything!

Screenshot_20211203-125243_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211203-125300_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211203-134937_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20211203-125346_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20211203-125331_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20211203-125401_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20211203-125412_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20211203-125429_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20211203-125444_Gmail.jpg

Hey I have a seller that I know is using photo's that are found online and only wants to be paid through money apps. How do I report this? I have screen shots of everything!
Private messages and posts all have report buttons. I can handle this from here.

He is gone. Looks like Joey got him yesterday. Thanks.

How LOW do you have to be to try and steal $ 85 big whopping dollars??? Sheesh.....

If I am EVER going to resort to thievery, I am going after
$ 400 billion.... might as well make it worthwhile (LOL!!!)

Good riddance! Digital age, digital thievery. I hate it. Asking for a phone number usually ends the thief's conversation with me.

Good catch 64Imperial. I’ve been here for a while but only chime in once in a while. I have a couple B-bodies but like the long C’s especially Cop car Fury’s. I still have C-body parts for sale though mostly 300 stuff. With that said, this last week or so I connected with a member here looking for a rear side window for a convertible. We messaged a transaction agreement, sent pictures and a few days later I got a shipping price. Now as a side note my family and I are presently moving 700 miles away from Illinois. Crazy busy. It took me more than a week to get back to him but he had pm’ed me his phone #. So I called yesterday, left a message and he called me today. We had a good chat and after that the window was wrapped, sent and delivery information with a photo of the package was sent. 64Imperial, I’m glad you didn’t get taken and certainly there have been numerous post and warning about “want ad” scams on these “only” site. All the higher ups, Mods, should be applauded and they are. There are many interesting inquiries and topics here, the big C cars with style and couches for front seats, the jukeboxes and lens making treads, and another of my favorites the extended explanations of the little differences. Oh and the Superlight. Anyways I’m excited about this move to Arkansas. Here’s a shot of what my wife calls the Taj-Garage and the new 2-post car lift is getting erected tomorrow. That’s my chime… .haywire

9BFE6449-7C2A-41B0-A0FD-D0C681FB46CA.jpeg

FEC0F36E-F1B8-4704-AA6E-097CB1AA66C6.png

Google image search is your best friend! That's how I found out the photos were just taken off the internet. It also helps that the mirror matic doesn't have many photos of the actual units.

You still have to be leery if they steal actual photos from an email conversation with a real seller. It definitely was a good lesson on asking many questions and verify everything!

All these new pop up phone money apps are suspicious, just the other day I heard on the morning talk radio news about the app that Big_John mentioned in a PayPal thread that his family uses and that it was alright for transferring funds between known family members but it was like stay away from using it with strangers 'cuz with a hack or so they could drain your bank account or something along that line. PayPal Friends & Family is just that, for people you know, and anyone else requesting using it that you don't know is a big red flag, that's been well known for almost a decade now. PayPal offers no recourse on funds transferred through Friends & Family I take it.

The latest APP that ticks me off is the WhatsAPP that is proliferating YouTube on a spam mega level. Now I just went to the WhatsApp site and payments can be made through it with: "Payments on WhatsApp, which are available in select countries," so I don't know about USA institutions but the amount of comment spam driving Tube users off platform/site leads me to just think scam scam scam. YouTube is/was aware and doing something about it but that was months ago and I haven't followed up on it. Same with the Patreon & Twitch Accounts, one tuber I've been following says join my Twitch Stream for more, so I go and check, it's like 5 bucks a month to see more of your ****? No thank you. YouTube accounts have a Join button now that I think costs you money, and some Tubers won't let you comment unless you join or are at least a channel subscriber.

So it appears that a member of the site (barslikebarry) referred @64Imperial to a third party off site contact and within those offsite communications with a person not affiliated with the site, his images did not appear to be genuine. At that point @64Imperial comes back onto the site to report a fraud issue, posting screen shots of off site transactions with a non member.
At that point @Toolmanmike looks into it and sees that @Joeychgo has banned whom? Barslikebarry?
Or is the 3rd party guy a member also?
Is that what happened? Whats the violation?

The info in this thread looks like the typical " hey call murray park I was just talking to him about one of those" and that it may has a pm conversation between members.

Maybe there is another layer here but my perception is a member got banned for dropping a referral.

Maybe there is another layer here but my perception is a member got banned for dropping a referral.

Yup....another layer

There is a scam out there where the scammer joins a forum like this, and messages people who posted WTB ads - saying their buddy has the part they want and to email them. When you contact the email, your told to send money to some app -- (not paypal) or to get a money order and give them the info on it --- and you never get the part. Its a scam. I do what I can to prevent these guys from even joining, I catch many of them quickly after they join. Every now and then they slip by like this one did but I deal with them as soon as I discover them.

But it's good that your perception is that I did something nefarious instead of trying to protect the members here.

I just got scammed when someone smillingwill stated he had my part. He asked for an email to send pictures of the part. He must have taken them off eBay or something. We settled on a price that included shipping. He is now asking for more money for shipping. His account on the forum seems to be cancelled now! So sad that people are stopping to this level. Maybe they can put as much effort into a real job.

buyer be ware!

I just got scammed when someone smillingwill stated he had my part. He asked for an email to send pictures of the part. He must have taken them off eBay or something. We settled on a price that included shipping. He is now asking for more money for shipping. His account on the forum seems to be cancelled now! So sad that people are stopping to this level. Maybe they can put as much effort into a real job.

buyer be ware!
If you see something suspicious, report it to the staff and we will deal with as soon as we get the report.

Back