Hurricane Michael

View attachment 219743
This will be the closest and strongest I've experienced. Praying for those to the east of us.
View attachment 219744
Got her parked inside for the duration.
They say the storm is supposed to turn east but hasn't moved that direction yet. Still headed north and getting stronger.
Hope you made it without too much damage... that was a pretty fast upgrade on that storm... really small warning window for folks in the path.

Praying for you guys that are in the path or close to the storm, stay safe. Is it just me or this storm hasn't gotten the coverage of the last one???

Hope you made it without too much damage... that was a pretty fast upgrade on that storm... really small warning window for folks in the path.
We did fine. It passed about 90 miles east of us. I had fun getting to Orlando today with all the east/west roads closed. I had to go up into Alabama and run US 84 back into Georgia. Got back on I10 in Tallahassee. No power, no food, no working traffic lights from Hartford, AL all the way through Tallahassee. The eye went right over Donalsonville, Ga. US 84 going into town the westbound lanes were block with downed trees. Coming out of town the Eastbound lanes were blocked. Looked like a tornado went through and that was 100 miles inland.
Praying for you guys that are in the path or close to the storm, stay safe. Is it just me or this storm hasn't gotten the coverage of the last one???
Thankfully even though the damage is catastrophic the amount of property destroyed is small compared to a hurricane coming in a major population area. Mexico Bch was wiped out, reminiscent of Andrew, but its sparsely populated. It's a couple of miles long along the coast and only a few blocks deep. A couple of news cycles and the media will be back o dogging the Trump administration.

Naa I heard on the news on the tenth, the politicians to be elect were harping on the global warming/climate change blather, as if they have any ability to do anything about it.
Finally when it made landfall it was all over CNN, Fox.Business, HLN, MSCBN etc even the local stations here in Florida preempted some shows in the late am.

One good thing the storm may have done is to scrub out and disperse the red tide via some of the news reports. We'll see if Georgia and the Carolina's report of any damage leaves from the 'Corexit Rain' (if any leaves are left) like the phenomenon that appears to be going on in Missouri & Arkansas.

Thankfully even though the damage is catastrophic the amount of property destroyed is small compared to a hurricane coming in a major population area.

Yea here's a before and after nighttime lights of the world as they say satellite images recently.

10-11-18.BEFORE.&.AFTER.HURRICANE.MICHAEL.jpg

Not much difference really, no power? heck you weren't to bright before wat you cry'in about!

But GD look at at Miami! Yes sir ladies & gentleman that western edge of the light down there is gis'bout all they can go as everything else to the west is everglades.

MY.GOD.MIAMI.2018.jpg

Naa I heard on the news on the tenth, the politicians to be elect were harping on the global warming/climate change blather, as if they have any ability to do anything about it.
Finally when it made landfall it was all over CNN, Fox.Business, HLN, MSCBN etc even the local stations here in Florida preempted some shows in the late am.

One good thing the storm may have done is to scrub out and disperse the red tide via some of the news reports. We'll see if Georgia and the Carolina's report of any damage leaves from the 'Corexit Rain' (if any leaves are left) like the phenomenon that appears to be going on in Missouri & Arkansas.

Yea here's a before and after nighttime lights of the world as they say satellite images recently.

View attachment 220241

Not much difference really, no power? heck you weren't to bright before wat you cry'in about!

But GD look at at Miami! Yes sir ladies & gentleman that western edge of the light down there is gis'bout all they can go as everything else to the west is everglades.

View attachment 220243
Apparently the ozone layer above the Antarctic is healing as well so we don’t have to freak out over climate change but now that the political world is on board it is a great way to tax us to death with scary words like carbon tax especially here in Canada
Back in the 70’s when scientists were waving the flags they were a bunch of chicken littles claiming the sky was falling
Now it’s better but those tax dollars are not going to be stopped anytime soon
On the other hand, the drive clean program is being scrapped in Ontario

Is that the Hong Kong Billionaires Great Ethanol swindle?
No clue
The new Premiere of Ontario is trying to get in good with the people I think
Besides, the DCP is a farce anyways with most cars easily passing the test
The small number of pollution belching cars like ours are far a few between

Yea I saw on a doco long time ago that it was a Hong Kong Billionaire that swindled/paid off Ottawa to enact the policy and he owned all the ethanol conversion plants.

Back