Hypothetical Question

I don't know for sure but I was checking on my 69 300 and it didn't look like there was enough hood clearance, and there is no way I'm going to cut a hole in it...

I ran a mechanical 6bbl on a stock 383 2bbl engine that sounded like it had an RV cam in it. It was fine. I didn't have the right progressive linkage so I couldn't get completely full throttle, but I was 17 and in high school and the only way I knew to buy parts was to call Koller Dodge or consult a pretty small year one catalog.

Did that engine need that induction, of course not. But it in no way ran poorly. And it was awesome to have a 6bbl :thumbsup:

when you go from a 1x4 to 2x4 or 3x2, your not adding really adding to much fuel or cfm because you have to compensate for the larger plenum area.

I cant disagree with those that say you can get the horsepower other ways easier and cheaper but....they are cool. Here is mine. Previous owner put it in, thus he spent the $. From an engine builder using new reproduction parts. With help Im making it run right. Gotta an older guy helping me as I make changes. When the outboards open it does make you grin.

Hood clearance about 1.5", now .75" with phenolic spacer.
Headers, 3" exhaust, cam, TCI trans, electronic ignition, 5/16" fuel line.

I don't mind the challenges but probably would not spend the money again. Although the 6bbl efi kits are whispering my name.

1658430146159.png

Back