I fought the HOA and I beat the system.

My WiFi doesn't reach it but that is a good thing, don't you think.
It has electricity.

I disagree on wifi not reaching being good but that's not a killer for sure. Curious, what do you plan to do out there, what was the motivating force? Read books, talk with the Mrs, contemplate the meaning of life?

I disagree on wifi not reaching being good but that's not a killer for sure. Curious, what do you plan to do out there, what was the motivating force? Read books, talk with the Mrs, contemplate the meaning of life?
Mostly, just to piss off the HOA... :lol:

@commando1 Any plans for an important addition? Maybe get a little fancy so that you can wave to the neighbors.
upload_2019-2-8_23-18-52.png

Curious, what do you plan to do out there, what was the motivating force? Read books, talk with the Mrs, contemplate the meaning of life?
What was the motivating source? If I really, honestly, explained it, it would REQUIRE the longest post in the history of FCBO. I won't bore the members but I'll leave it as that it goes back to childhood so let's avoid that, lol!
Plans? To spend evenings "out at the cabin in the woods" with Pamela and enjoy the time we have left.
When the HOA was incorporated, I was one of it's first board members. I warned them it would create a clique of five that were toothless and create more issues than it resolved. 13 years ago I warned them that scenarios like this would happen.

They laughed at me.

Thank you for asking, Bry. :)

PS. The next door neighbors came over yesterday evening and we had 5:00 cocktails on the porch. Mission accomplished.

A cupla PMs have asked questions. To clarify what I did, this will help.

PicsArt_02-09-12.39.05.jpg

When I built, there was no road back there. All undeveloped land.
Then they built a road.:mad:
Nobody came.:eek:
Except me. :icon_fU:

Last edited:
No WiFi and a porch? Sounds like the perfect therapy to me. Congratulations and the more you enjoy the more it'll piss of the home owner Nazis

Just how much a month are you paying to the mafiosa er HOA for protection? Can't you secede from the union?

:rofl:

HA! Good for you! And very nice looking too. I don’t know what your budget allows, but it would be cool to expand on it with a multi car garage (matching exterior of course) and a pad outside to park your c-bodies on. That would really chap their asses.

Last edited:
If you ever get tired of peace and solitude and want to expand your wi-fi these work pretty good. I use them and an old router for my detached garage. They are like a wireless Ethernet cord. I have no problem streaming either.
Ubiquiti LocoM2 2-PACK Nanostation LocoM2 AirMax Outdoor PoE CPE 2.4GHz 5+km https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0161G653W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_XX4xCb590Q4EX

Although the new Orbi wireless systems might connect as well.

Back