I fought the HOA and I beat the system.

I can certainly sympathize with you Stan. My area has had steady growth for the 32 years I've lived in this house but the last 5 years of industrial growth has been obscene! This picture is a couple years old and now there are many new warehouses's north of what is shown here including 2 Amazon and one Walmart Fulfillment centers. My house is right under the S in the red rectangle. And don't get me started on all the housing subdivisions around me. The "new" high school is 4 years old and already overcrowded. All this growth has come at the expense of farmland. Be prepared to get more crops from Mexico and central America.
View attachment 523155
I hear you, Chris. You know as well as I do that the developers and our local politicians have been in cahoots to ***** out our beautiful state for decades. I wonder what's going to happen when everyone realizes that the word that comes after "Sonoran" is "Desert"? Precisely why I'm getting out.
Screenshot_20220330-192509_Maps.jpg

A bit similar. I had a cubby house built for my young kids. Tucked it away in the back of the suburban block under a big tree. A get a call from the council about an overlooking complaint. Okay I said there are no windows on that side but I'll put up some screening on the fence. NO WAY he says, you'll need a permit for the screening. Anyhow he asks if he can inspect, silly me says sure come over. He measures it (incorrectly) takes some photos and disappears. Weeks go by and a demolition order appears in my letterbox. Evidently I have built an illegal dwelling.

So much reading of the legislation occurs and I say it isn't a dwelling it is a cubby house. Many letters ensue. Finally they take me to court where I argue that it isn't a building, or a shed, or anything other than a kids toy. Sheds and the like rarely having slides and curtain in the windows and miniature furniture etc. The beak agrees and launches into the council for their lack of preparation and understanding of the regulations. A very long lunch followed. Neighbours who complained sold up as apparently they couldn't stand looking at the cubbyhouse every day. Admittedly flying a pirate flag was a little churlish. And now it is precedent here. A cubbyhouse isn't a dwelling :)

It's bad enough that people are moving here from California but businesses are coming here too. All these warehouse's they're building are for company's leaving the high cost of doing business in CA. It must be cheaper to operate here even with the added cost of trucking to and from the ports in CA.

Arizona, got'ta love the sprawl, how about having a 'Heap Leech' Mine Stack in your back yard?

2022.Tuson.AZ.Sprawl.001.Heap.Leech.Mine.jpg
2022.Tuson.AZ.Sprawl.002.Street.View.jpg
2022.Tuson.AZ.Sprawl.003.Houses.jpg

I use to live not far from the Gypsum Stack that was recently leaking over in Manatee County, far enough away that if it collapsed it wouldn't affect me but plenty live around there now and back in the 70's we wouldn't even drive up 41 to go to Tampa because all the traffic (truck) was very bad and we would go out of the way up 301. When we did go up 41 we'd marvel at the rise of the stack as pretty much everything around that area is just flat.

Have a look at Google Earth and see the sprawl expansion into all the desert 'Washes' out in Las Vegas and the hokey flood diversion canals that when the 500 year rains come will be woefully inadequate.

I might have you beat for out of the way. My three primary neighbors are squirrels, chipmunks, and deer.
I have those too.

The free Cordoba nose I have in the "for sale" section was the result of hitting a deer about a 1/4 mile down the road.

With the number of new neighbors you're getting, I think you should be aware there will be a bunch of kids moving into the neighborhood too, and with that, will draw them to do some exploration of their new surroundings.
Without going back reading through 30 pages of this thread, I don't know if you ever put up a fence around your property or not.
Sounds like you got the HOA figured out but let's hope the new kids on the block don't think camp FUHOA is an open opportunity to mess up what you built.
Here's one idea....

1648844560309.png

With the number of new neighbors you're getting, I think you should be aware there will be a bunch of kids moving into the neighborhood too, and with that, will draw them to do some exploration of their new surroundings.
I've been busy...

unearth.jpg

Back