I Guess I'm Semi Unretired Now

My next job is a 69 Super Bee in final primer that I will paint inside and out, sand and buff and put the vinyl tail stripe on.

It's all green!
20230911_091603.jpg
20230911_091534.jpg

If I was anywhere near you, I’d be trying to pull you out of retirement like a crazed rat terrier after chucky cheese. From here though, I’m just glad you’re taking it at your pace. Enjoy your craft when you can. Glad you’re still working.

Truck and Super Bee are gone so here's the next victim. Same as the Bee, I'm just gonna fix some things but he wants to drive it the way it is. I do have to put a trunk floor and extensions in it. Wasn't really planning on getting into that much work but oh well.
20231005_065140.jpg
20231005_065241.jpg
20231005_065638.jpg
20231005_065324.jpg

Pulled the motor/trans this morning. Not sure what is going back in it but that will be someone else's project. Next I'll get the old trunk floor cut out. Definitely one of my least favorite jobs!
20231005_105708.jpg

Looks like it's a BH 70 barracuda with FE5 and a V5W protective side stripe as I can see the white pin striping that went around the V5W.
The hood has pins but the color is slightly off so I don't think that hood is original. I've not seen a hood pin on a bH barracuda but I'm sure there are some out there.
It appears that the hanging headliner is white. Possibly making the interior an original XW interior which would make sense with the V5W.
Engine bay has been chevyized (blackout). The cowl and radiator shroud could have been factory blacked out on an Fe5/Fe5 car.
Looks like rust on the firewall passengers side. Yellow hood hinges.
With what appears to be original paint on the rockers I don't think the car would have the M46 that I constantly look for, but again ya never know until the fender tag surfaces. M46 list / registry
Motor looks like a 72 cast motor. Is it a G318 or an H340.
Is that a D13 or a D21 ?

I'm curious.?

Looks like it's a BH 70 barracuda with FE5 and a V5W protective side stripe as I can see the white pin striping that went around the V5W.
The hood has pins but the color is slightly off so I don't think that hood is original. I've not seen a hood pin on a bH barracuda but I'm sure there are some out there.
It appears that the hanging headliner is white. Possibly making the interior an original XW interior which would make sense with the V5W.
Engine bay has been chevyized (blackout). The cowl and radiator shroud could have been factory blacked out on an Fe5/Fe5 car.
Looks like rust on the firewall passengers side. Yellow hood hinges.
With what appears to be original paint on the rockers I don't think the car would have the M46 that I constantly look for, but again ya never know until the fender tag surfaces. M46 list / registry
Motor looks like a 72 cast motor. Is it a G318 or an H340.
Is that a D13 or a D21 ?

I'm curious.?
I will post the fender tag tomorrow morning. :thumbsup:

"Wasn't really planning on getting into that much work but oh well. "

...what can you do...oh jeah...man's gotta do what man's gotta do :lol:...

Back