I hate Winter these days

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Winter sucks. I actually like the colder temps, but each year, my body says otherwise. For the past month, I've had a cold, then the seasonal flu, and then my balance issues came back with a vengeance! I haven't really been online much at all since the first of December. Trying to do things on my phone is tiring! My apologies to those I have not got back with on some parts I have for sale, I'll be getting with you later this week.

Getting old truly sucks. But, I guess getting dead would suck a lot more. I feel like I'm 88 years old right now.

I hear ya, that 66 I’m parting
is sitting in the mud after 2 weeks solid rain. A younger me
would get out and deal with it.
The older me. Not so much!

Winter sucks. I actually like the colder temps, but each year, my body says otherwise. For the past month, I've had a cold, then the seasonal flu, and then my balance issues came back with a vengeance! I haven't really been online much at all since the first of December. Trying to do things on my phone is tiring! My apologies to those I have not got back with on some parts I have for sale, I'll be getting with you later this week.

Getting old truly sucks. But, I guess getting dead would suck a lot more. I feel like I'm 88 years old right now.
Beats the alternative.

Hi you Guys! I'm noticing that too , the cold really gets to me lately, my wife asked me to go start her car earlier today , and she sees me putting on a vest , parka, the works ....all that for10 below she says.... at one time I would have gone out in short sleeves and done it! A buddy of mine just turned 80 and he's still going strong , his philosophy is just keep chugging ....POR ...Press on Regardless! Keep the gray matter active ...the body will follow. I'm hoping that will work for me too!

Beats the alternative.
I know what alternative you mean, but I can imagine others of a geographical kind: where winters are nice, but the people aren’t. Or with hurricanes that make the residents think, “blizzards are for sissies.” Or bugs that are big enough to shoot. Not to mention obscenely expensive real estate, overcrowding, yada, yada…

I've lived in this area all my life. I love the seasons... well, 3 of the seasons.

My biggest issue is when the weather changes. The change in barometric pressure can put me into a real tailspin... I was at my pain management doc's once when there was a rain storm headed in.... They told me that just about everyone that walked through the door was having a "bad day" pain wise. I was no exception. This winter has been the worst... It's been a very mild winter, with half the usual snow (we average 10 feet per season) and no extended below zero temps.... That also means the weather has been up and down and that means more pain.

At least being retired, I don't have to drive in the crap every day... They really take care of the roads around here, but there's still those times when the plows can't keep up.

But yea, no hurricanes and the occasional tornado isn't much more than some rustling leaves. I've never had a blizzard blow away my house. LOL.

Back