I must try harder!!

Steve B

Reaction score
Hi everyone...I MUST TRY HARDER!!!......to......

Get more involved in this great forum!

I have to admit that I have recently been a bit too tied up in work etc to put as much into the forum as I should. I have recently had knee surgery and am having a few weeks off work so think its a great time to contribute a bit more.

My 68 Polara hasn't had much use this year. Just passed its yearly safety check without any problems and is tucked away screaming to be used when my knee is better.

Sold my 66 Fury to a very good friend. He is loving it and I really enjoyed the resto I did on her. Learned a lot!!

My 72 New Yorker arrived a few months ago from Texas...not without its issues but at least I have ticked that bucket list 'must import a car' box. Im slowly gathering the parts and materials to get on with the resto when Im more mobile over the coming weeks (hopefully).

Have a great weekend

Cheers, Steve

120.jpg

image3.jpg

new yorker 1.jpg

Looking foward to seeing the '72 done up. Hope the healing on the knee goes well!

I know the feeling, I havn't had a whole lot of time for the board this year. Between a new job, and life getting in the way... No time.

Thank you and taking it easy to avoid a knee replacement if I can!

Its quite scary how fast life goes by.....blink and it will be Winter again!!

Cheers Steve

I love that 72 (Im a fusey guy) and looking at you other two cars i bet it will come up real nice when its done. Are you putting a white vinyl roof on it? I think that would look real sharp if it was.

Hi Wolfen and thanks for the nice comments. I love almost all C bodies but have to say, the 72 is a really nice shape, one of my favourites!

I would love to put a vinyl roof back on her but Im not sure if I will be able to. The windshield was smashed in transit across the pond and it cost around $1000 to replace it. I had a bit of a hard time getting the insurance to pay out but got most of it back. I had to strike while the iron was hot and get it replaced before they changed their mind. The new one is now in and I think I will struggle to fit it with the glass in. Im not risking taking the front and rear screens out so, unless I can tuck it under the trim clips, I think it will be painted white for now

Cheers Steve

Fine looking cars, you should post more often.

Back