I see a sad story behind this CL ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many, many, women become Widows here suddenly.
That's a Diamond in that anniversary ring.
Google diamond anniversary
Now that is heart breaking.

http://cfl.craigslist.org/wan/4797971737.html

Posted via Topify on Android

I am now heart broken because I missed the story !!!! :crybaby2:

This posting has been deleted by its author.

(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)

Yeah..... it is I guess.

Another lesson from poppa that is over my head. My apologies. ..

Ah, if only I had some. Blue ones, red ones, yellow... I don't care.
I just read that Hitler ordered all his Army to take meth before going into battle.
Some of those in combat were as young as 16. 16, high on meth, put a gun to their head, and send them off to slaughter.
Anyone take meth? I haven't. What is it about that crap???

Last edited:
There was a interview on tv. The kid that did it said it did not really make him high, but instead gave him a surge of energy that lasted almost all day. It was great for getting work done. Obviously the side effects are terrible. That drug is a big problem, along with heroin now. They make a paste of it now. Are you sure it was meth Hitler used? Lithium batteries?

Hitler did give amphetamines to his troops. He wanted them to be on high alert. Maybe that's where the term originated?

Ah, if only I had some. Blue ones, red ones, yellow... I don't care.
I just read that Hitler ordered all his Army to take meth before going into battle.
Some of those in combat were as young as 16. 16, high on meth, put a gun to their head, and send them off to slaughter.
Anyone take meth? I haven't. What is it about that crap???

Actually that was us too. That's how the King got hooked.

"The US military also supplied Benzedrine to servicemen during the war, mainly as 5-mg tablets, for routine use in aviation, as a general medical supply, and in emergency kits.16 The British military also supplied Benzedrine tablets during the war, and the German and Japanese military supplied methamphetamine.17 Of course, not all amphetamine supplied by the military was ingested by servicemen, nor did users ingest it ad libitum; there were rules limiting the drug’s use.18 However, these were not well observed. For instance, in a 1945 army survey of fighter pilots, of the 15% (13 of 85) who regularly used amphetamine in combat, the majority “made their own rules” and took Benzedrine whenever they “felt like it” rather than as directed.19"

[h=2]THE DEADLY EFFECTS OF METH[/h]

The hideous look of crystal meth shows on the scarred and prematurely aged faces of those who abuse it.
(Photo credit: courtesy Attorney General’s Office, Taswell County, Illinois)

The short-term and long-term impact of the individual

When taken, meth and crystal meth create a false sense of well-being and energy, and so a person will tend to push his body faster and further than it is meant to go. Thus, drug users can experience a severe “crash” or physical and mental breakdown after the effects of the drugs wear off.
Because continued use of the drug decreases natural feelings of hunger, users can experience extreme weight loss. Negative effects can also include disturbed sleep patterns, hyperactivity, nausea, delusions of power, increased aggressiveness and irritability.
Other serious effects can include insomnia, confusion, hallucinations, anxiety and paranoia.1 In some cases, use can cause convulsions that lead to death.
Long-range damage
In the long term, meth use can cause irreversible harm: increased heart rate and blood pressure; damaged blood vessels in the brain that can cause strokes or an irregular heartbeat that can, in turn, cause cardiovascular2 collapse or death; and liver, kidney and lung damage.
Users may suffer brain damage, including memory loss and an increasing inability to grasp abstract thoughts. Those who recover are usually subject to memory gaps and extreme mood swings.

Interesting. War knows no boundaries for sure.

Meth. Is epidemic here. Cops routinely stop vehicles for "inoperative license plate lamp" and lo. & behold there's always meth in the car. Amazing correlary. Blown bulb = meth.

Last edited:

It really is a sad state of affairs that part of this world has declined into too.

Interesting. War knows no boundaries for sure.

Meth. Is epidemic here. Cops routinely stop vehicles for "inoperative license plate lamp" and lo. & behold there's always meth in the car. Amazing correlary. Blown bulb = meth.

Meth heads will blow anything for a bump.

There used to be a hippie-type that lived across the street in what we called "The Little Crackhouse On The Prairie". He and his whacked-out girlfriend would argue at full volume, quite often. He never had electricity, but had a couple of large extension cords plugged into his Mom's house next door to him. He'd buy cars or trucks that still had plenty of tag time left on them (in OK, the plate stays with the car), so when the license tag ran out, he'd park the car behind his house and buy another, never titling them in his name. A real piece of work, but amazingly nice. The cops would come periodically to bust their little fights up. He was about 6'2 and maybe 160 pounds, and she was maybe 5'5" and 90 pounds, dripping wet. She was a vicious little meth head, too! One day, Alvin was pulling of the drive in his Dodge van. She came screaming up and jumped on the front bumper of the van, hanging on to the wipers and screaming at max volume about something. He drove real slow, seeing if she'd get off the van, but she was pretty insistent in her tirade...so he sped up and hit the brakes! She went flying off the front, rolled in the street, jumped back up all bloody from her new road rash, and continued screaming at him, to where he just drove off. She was a serious meth user. She was maybe 30, but looked 60. They even stayed there in the house AFTER the tornado took about half the house out! The county finally forced them out, and the house was demolished.

Meth, it'll cook your brain, that's for certain.

I don't know how you handled it so well, Patrick.
Where you are now and where he is now is your reward.

Freakin idiots in my community. Mostly upper class. White. Not a clue what's beyond the green lush lawns.

Last edited:
During the Gulf War, we were told to take an anti-nerve agent (PB pill) pill every 8 hours. We were certain that we were going to get gassed. Also, our last intel brief said to expect as many as 40,000 American KIA's in the first 24 hours. I'm glad that intel was wrong!!! We are the best trained Army in the world and we train 24 x 7 hoping we never have to use our well honed skills. No one wants peace more than a Soldier. Never, and I mean never did we ever hear about an anti-nerve agent pill during all my years in the army. We have an atropine auto-injector and another auto-injector 2-Pam Chloride (I was told and we hoping it was Valium to calm you down while your heart explodes). So....during Day 2 of the war we get the word to stop taking the anti-nerve agent pills and throw them away. WTF....

And none of this **** got us high!

whitepills-pb.jpg

Pyridostigmine bromide (PB) Anti-nerve agent pill used during the Gulf War as a pretreatment to protect military personnel from death in an attack with the nerve agent soman. Supplied in the Gulf War as 21-tablet blister pack, with prescribed dosage as one 30-mg tablet every 8 hours. Veterans’ actual exposure is not known, because pills were self-administered and there are few examples in individual or unit health records from the Department of Defense. - See more at: http://www.publichealth.va.gov/expo...ridostigmine-bromide.asp#sthash.7qwLB1dI.dpuf

atropine_autoinjector.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back