I WENT TO A NEW MOPAR SALVAGE YARD TODAY -PLEASE READ

It's not out in the sticks as I imagined reading the previous posts, but no, I'm not in the habit of patting snakes.
I am really not snake friendly at all, I'd kill one too dumb to leave or just give up what I was going to get... I am paranoid enough to look when doing stuff... here in the land of widow spiders, it's good to keep and eye out and wear gloves.

I am really not snake friendly at all, I'd kill one too dumb to leave or just give up what I was going to get... I am paranoid enough to look when doing stuff... here in the land of widow spiders, it's good to keep and eye out and wear gloves.
I know all about black widows, or Redbacks as we call these spiders. I was in the shed today and saw a few of them in there, from time to time we find them in the house, so it's a matter of shaking your shoes/boots before putting them on.
redback-spider.jpg

I know all about black widows, or Redbacks as we call these spiders. I was in the shed today and saw a few of them in there, from time to time we find them in the house, so it's a matter of shaking your shoes/boots before putting them on.
View attachment 165073
I managed to get bit by a brown widow once... it wasn't too bad, compared to some of the stories I've heard... but I'd rather not try another.

Back