I'd own one of these Pontiac Catalina 1966

Nice cars. Honestly the nicest old car I've ever had was a 66 pontiac Ventura catalina 4 door. That car was definitely the most capable car I've ever owned. Did everything and went everywhere in it.
I own a 66 2+2 which is the "catalina" performance model.
Only 6383 were made. All came with 421's some came with multi carb option.
These are my absolute favorite big body pontiac.

Years ago I looked everywhere as a kid for a Lemans with the overhead cam straight 6 but living in the NE could never find one. I believe it is the first engine with a belt driven camshaft.

d5802086eb9d16074ec4085e16df5a93.jpg

I almost bought this one ('66 Bonneville) late last year ... asking $17K. nothing wrong (i am not a 100% purist tho) with it, everything worked, etc .. just had other priorities

love this vintage of the big ponchos -- mid 60's I was just starting to appreciate differences, and family members' "giant" Mopar C's, full size Fords/Mercs, and the GM full size sleds..

ponch1.jpg
ponch3.png
ponch4.png
ponch5.png
ponch6.png
ponch8.png
ponch2.png

I think the Pontiac Catalina's, Grand Prix's and Buick Wildcats, Riviera's throughout the 60's are equivalent to The Mopar C body's. I've had a few of each and loved them all.

Growing up in a mopar family and neighborhood I still appreciated some of the enemies’ offerings. Big Ponchos like this one, Impala, Galaxy and Caddy coupes.

Notice the white 2+2 has the gills on the side of the rear quarter. That's the only Catalina with those gills.
The 67 LeMans is the only B body with very similar gills.
I have both. I really like gills and scoops and stuff on cars.

I kinda lucked into my ventura as I just wanted a pontiac that ran and my LeMans did not run. Bought it just so I had an old car to drive. Turns out I really like the 66 catalina platform. Not so much the 65 as the nose is slightly different and not the 67 as the car was redesigned.

Here's a few random, very random, pictures of a few of my ponchos that I have owned or own.

OldComputerHardDrive 5933.JPG

OldComputerHardDrive 5928.JPG

OldComputerHardDrive 5930.JPG

OldComputerHardDrive 9464.JPG

OldComputerHardDrive 10363.JPG

Firebird#3 009.jpg

OldComputerHardDrive 6491.JPG

i had/have a few too ... Pride of the fleet tho?

ZZZ1.png
ZZ.png

One in the oven ... "67 LeMans, 3264V, two speed Hydramatic, wearin' gills. finished next year sometime.

ZZZ.png

still have a 77 Lemans "Enforcer" Coupe (spoken for) a '99 T/A like yours, '00 Firehawk

Last edited:
Local guy had a '66 (?) 2+2 convertible. Interesting car to say the least. I only saw it a couple times, but I think he has a fairly big stable of cars and does a bit of buying and selling too. It may be gone now as I haven't seen it in a while.

This Toronado was in my friend's shop last week. Driver quality with some headlight door issues they are working on. Still a really neat car. Couldn't get a good a picture.

WxRsCWs.jpg

BTW, the '73 Roadrunner is a 10K mile 440 car that was bought by the owner's father. This car was really nice...

This Toronado was in my friend's shop last week. Driver quality with some headlight door issues they are working on. Still a really neat car. Couldn't get a good a picture.

View attachment 469328

BTW, the '73 Roadrunner is a 10K mile 440 car that was bought by the owner's father. This car was really nice...

Wow what a nice Roadrunner!

I’m sure the Toronado is nice too

Back