I'd own one of these Pontiac Catalina 1966

Too bad it's not. I might be older but I would have a hell of a bank account.

Local guy had a '66 (?) 2+2 convertible. Interesting car to say the least. I only saw it a couple times, but I think he has a fairly big stable of cars and does a bit of buying and selling too. It may be gone now as I haven't seen it in a while.

Found a pic while I was looking for something else and it was a '67. I liked the car, it's really nice, but really didn't like the black interior with this color... Of course, I think black is the worst choice for a 'vert interior, just because of the heat, but that's another discussion.

Note the 8 bolt wheels!

NCM_1132_zpsuyievjz6.jpg

Of course, I think black is the worst choice for a 'vert interior, just because of the heat, but that's another discussion.

I'm very familiar with black leather in the sun shine. It doesn't matter if it's a seat in a car or on a motorcycle, it burns and will make you do little dance or even ride funny for a while. :lol:

I'm very familiar with black leather in the sun shine. It doesn't matter if it's a seat in a car or on a motorcycle, it burns and will make you do little dance or even ride funny for a while. :lol:

A golden rule most convertible owners follow, no matter the color of the interior, is to always cover your seats with a large bath or beach towel. Helps when you get wet also, which you will if you own a convertible. :D

Also helps to keep a lap robe in the car for passengers who get chilled on those nice evenings and start insisting you put the top up..... :wideyed:

Last edited:

A golden rule most convertible owners follow, no matter the color of the interior, is to always cover your seats with a large bath or beach towel. Helps when you get wet also, which you will if you own a convertible. :D

Also helps to keep a lap robe in the car for passengers who get chilled on those nice evenings and start insisting you put the top up..... :wideyed:

I wasn't thinking and wore my black jeans. It was hot, but Mrs. Big John had to stop at the drug store for something and I waited in the car... Suddenly it was like those freaking black jeans were on fire. Never did that again...

When I had my Corvette, and the targa roof was off, I learned quickly to cover the black steering wheel when parked.

But yeah, towels on the seats!

Dad's car was a '70 Catalina, silver, black top, black interior, no A/C. After school the three of us in the front seat would take turns pushing the top button to put it down. Nobody could take more than a second or two with the finger on the button. Those little chrome buttons on the ignition switch were pretty tough on the fingers too.

Back