Ignition switches

MJF

Reaction score
I have located some of my electrical issues to ignition switch. Most what I have found for sale, are for not tilt wheel, which my car of course has. So, what is difference between tilt or no tilt switch? And where I can find Switch for tilt wheel. 1973 Chrysler.

Found the switch, it was more visible than I thought. How do I remove the rod from switch? Is this same as GM switch?

I have located some of my electrical issues to ignition switch. Most what I have found for sale, are for not tilt wheel, which my car of course has. So, what is difference between tilt or no tilt switch? And where I can find Switch for tilt wheel. 1973 Chrysler.
Ignition switches on non tilt columns are internally mounted. On tilt columns they are mounted on the outside of the column and connected to the lock mechanism by a rod. Drop the upper column mount and you will see it. You should still be able to get one as the are the same up until the nineties.

Found the switch, it was more visible than I thought. How do I remove the rod from switch? Is this same as GM switch?
Different Switch, same procedure. Just remove the mounting bolts and the switch should just lift off.

Rod was a little stuck, a little force and it drop off. I opened the switch and cleaned contacts. Works like new.

Back