I'm back at it again!

64gmc

Reaction score
All right you all I've started working on the wife's 65 fury 3 again. Had to put it on hold for a bit. But Im back at it. I was able to find some disc brakes off a 70 fury a guy was dare I say it "Derbying" sorry. Anyway I've got a few question.

1- Where the hell do i find the lower ball joins? All i can find is the press in ones and that's not right.

2- We have the manual steering box. Is it a quick ratio. I ask because i have the power unit out of the parts car and didn't know which one is better.

thanks for any help.

How strong is your wife? How strong does she want to be? The manual works fine and isn't too bad with the 14 inch polyglass tires, but with modern radials it takes a wee bit more effort to turn, (think parallel parking), of course if it gets limited use it may be okay. I found manual a little more precise and enjoyed it for a while but it got old after a while on a dd. And no, from the factory it's not a quick ratio, at least not as I recall it, but nobody talked about crap like that back then either.

Thanks for the reply. And she's not a girly girl but I think the power steering would be a lot nicer. We don't plan on ever selling the car because it was her dads. I put power steering in my 64 GMC so i should do the same for her. lol

As I recall it was a whole lot harder to find the factory parts to add power steering to my 66 C-10 than it was to do it to the 65 Polara...... And then you have to 'splain how it works to every alignment "tech" who wants to replace parts because there's movement........

Oh there is little left "factory" on my GMC. It's all factory parts but different years.
Frame and body 1964
Suspension front 1985 c10 disc brakes and power steering. Rear suspension is 1966 c10 and the rear end is also 1985 c10
Motor/trans 2006 5.3l/4l60e

Back