I'm not a metal man but...

Small update , somehow I destroyed this piece of plastic what's inside the door lock but luckily I had white polyethylene and that's good material for new one. Notice preload in engine compartment and inside the car, idea is simulate the weight of mechanical and other parts, hope this keep caps between parts equal when it's time for final assembly. Next is time for filler body work, basicly Evercoat products, I measure harder with table scale, easy way to have a correct amount hardener.
Hood centre section ready, much easier to do before installation. Not bad and there's no thick layers, there is two coats of epoxy primer, first red and then gray so when sanding and if you see red primer just stop sanding.
Regards,
Mika

IMG20231202125121.jpg

IMG20231209191012.jpg

IMG20240110190854.jpg

IMG20240110190843.jpg

IMG20240110190818.jpg

IMG20240119182545.jpg

IMG20240119200426.jpg

IMG20240121192421.jpg

Thank you Sir, again! About metal ,I'm learning but about painting, okay, that's something what I have done a little in past 40 years..:)..but there's always something to learn too!

Getting there, panel by panel. I want to make surface as smooth as possible before next step, very thin layer over all surfaces, sanding and then Evercoat Slick Sand and then blocking.. and then sanding primer...so sanding.. and then.. sanding.. and.. after that.. some sanding...
quality time with my shelf and sanding tools,(home made..of course)...,:)
.. about products, and this is not a advertisment , I used Evercoat Rage Ultra and Ultra Extra ratio 50 to 50 for large areas ( we can say these are large areas..) because of extented spreading time and sanding for Finnish made Mirka Iridium sanding paper, excellent product's!
...sanding..to be continued..
regards..
:lol:Mika

IMG20240316110244.jpg

IMG20240316110220.jpg

IMG20240316194417.jpg

IMG20240316194403.jpg

IMG20240323130550.jpg

IMG20240323130254.jpg

IMG20240316110259.jpg

Looking good! I know how much work this is. On the bright side after all that blocking you don't have to go to the gym to work out your arms! I remember back in the early 70's the shop I was working in was repainting a 64 Rolls Royce. When prepping it I found that from the factory the whole car was skim coated with filler. So if it's good enough for a RR it's good enough for me.

Looking good! I know how much work this is. On the bright side after all that blocking you don't have to go to the gym to work out your arms! I remember back in the early 70's the shop I was working in was repainting a 64 Rolls Royce. When prepping it I found that from the factory the whole car was skim coated with filler. So if it's good enough for a RR it's good enough for me.
My physician quite literally told me that I need much more exercise… here’s a way to accomplish two things at once!

Thanks Chris, you know this job . Me and good friend of mine Antti used to do this for"fun" when we're a little bit younger...we used to have garage with our friends and we had there a spray booth and we used that a lot!
One most demanding paint job was friends -63 black Lincoln.. you can imagine those sides in black colour... still in same colour and guy is happy after 30 years:thumbsup:

Last edited:
How long are those blocks and did you make them by hand?
800 millimetres/31.5 inches, an other one is more stiff and just a little flexible and the other one is more flexible. I think that's long enough .Time to time in my day job I had to do some special sanding blocks to some specific job so there's nothing new...:)

Back