For Sale Imperial Road Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
No, not really. But always looking for alternatives that we can work with, right?

5 on 5 GM Rally wheels 9C1 Police Caprice fits Trucks, Caps Trim aval!

****THIS POSTING WILL BE REMOVED WHEN THE ITEM IS SOLD.....SO IF YOU'RE READING THIS, ITS STILL FOR SALE****

SET OF 4 for $350 with trim rings and center caps

Caprice 9C1 Police Car wheels rims

15 x 7

5 on 5 RWD Large GM bolt pattern. Fits almost everything RWD in the 70s 80s and 90s

* Not Bent !!
* Not cracked
* Not all curbed up

Caprice
Roadmaster
Impala SS

Paypal.
Cash is best, NO CHECKS

Call anytime between 7am and 11:30pm

Steve 9 4 1 - 9 1 4 - 5 9 7 2

00G0G_9ybsE0hfAP3_600x450.jpg

PicsArt_10-23-02.13.06.jpg

Last edited:
I t'was not aware Lincolns used a larger bolt pattern?

yup. the marks IV and V/Town Cars Coupe and Sedan and the big T-birds (same basic wheel but different center, till car was downsized in '77).

00-1-2-40.jpg
00-1-3.jpg
00-1-2-41.jpg

Last edited:
All of the above are way better than the crap people are throwing on these cars.

Also better than the crap that Chrysler put on the cars from the factory. The '70-'73 Imperial wheelcovers just aren't very attractive, though better than some of their even more horrible offerings, such as '70-'73 Fury, '74-'78 NYB, and I could go on. At least with the other cars you could opt out and get the road wheels.

I've often wondered if you could put '74-'78 spindles on the '67-'73 Imperial front end. I believe the upper and lower ball joints are the same. Would get you obtainable rotors and the ability to install road wheels. Though, in my opinion, road wheels on an Imperial makes it look a bit too much like a Chrysler. I really like those Lincoln wheels, very classy. Wouldn't take a whole lot to find or make new centers for them.

As for GM 5x5 wheels, they had a wheel similar to the 1970 W23 Class II 16 slot wheels on many mid-70s 1/2 ton Chevy pickups. Only thing was the center caps bolted on from the outside (exposed screws!). Were usually in 15x6 on Caprices, but 15x8 on pickups.

There's also the Buick Chrome road wheels, too! I saw some of them on a '70s Lincoln long ago. Most of the repros are the 5x4.75 bolt circle, so you'll need something from a "big" Buick rather than the "intermediate" GS-size car.

Everybody has their own taste in wheels and wheel covers. Many things which I was not impressed with when they were new, now look "correct" rather than putting something else in their place. To me, an Imperial needs to have it's correct wheel covers to be "right". That somebody took the extra care, time, and expense to keep the car as it should be, rather than an "alternative". Plus, it also means that if I was to buy the car, less expense to get the right stuff for it. To each their own.

CBODY67

Wow! Those are super-nice! Somehow I never noticed that the LeBarons had a unique wheelcover in '61. What a difference ten years makes.

I'd trade any wheel imaginable for a set of these.

View attachment 148635

Except the gold is incorrect and all the argent paint between the "spokes" is missing. Other than that, beautiful.

Mine in '96 in Auburn, IN. It has scarcely seen daylight since then. That's not even my photo. :(

std_1961_imperial_lebaron_4dhtp,_rear,_aqua.jpg

Once after being freshly restored, I drove it over my great uncle's house at the "other" side of town. A cover flew off in the middle of Detroit (a pothole, go figure). I was beside myself. Only 1024 models ever built, and it's a one-year hubcap. I probably didn't sleep.

I returned the next day after sun-up for what I was sure would be a futile search. Within 5 minutes, I spotted it glinting in the sunshine on top of a bush, totally unharmed.

Then I bought a set of non-LeBaron caps for "regular" driving.

Only 1024 models ever built, and it's a one-year hubcap.

Ah, that explains the mystery. Few built, few remain.

I probably didn't sleep.

I returned the next day after sun-up for what I was sure would be a futile search. Within 5 minutes, I spotted it glinting in the sunshine on top of a bush, totally unharmed.

Then I bought a set of non-LeBaron caps for "regular" driving.

I would have been up all night too.

Amazing luck!

Very wise decision.

Beautiful car! Back in the late 80's to mid 90's there was a Chrysler show at Core Creek Park in Langhorn, PA that would bring out a few nice '61-'63 Imperials every year, in addition to a good group of Forward looks and quite a few C-Bodies. It may have been the last show where the big cars outnumbered the muscle cars.

Jeff

Those Imperials were very outstanding elegant works of art. Very nicely detailed and executed. With the lesser production than Cadillacs and Lincolns, much more EXCLUSIVE, which made them that much better. Anybody with money could have a Cadillac or LIncoln, but not everybody could get an Imperial.

The thing was that if somebody saw a Cadillac, they'd look to see who it was. Not so in a Lincoln. And the rear roof contours of the Imperials tended to protect the privacy of those riding back there. Not to forget the lavallier straps and such for the rear seat passengers' comfort!

Great looking car Carmine!

CBODY67

Those Imperials were very outstanding elegant works of art. Very nicely detailed and executed. With the lesser production than Cadillacs and Lincolns, much more EXCLUSIVE, which made them that much better. Anybody with money could have a Cadillac or LIncoln, but not everybody could get an Imperial.

The thing was that if somebody saw a Cadillac, they'd look to see who it was. Not so in a Lincoln. And the rear roof contours of the Imperials tended to protect the privacy of those riding back there. Not to forget the lavallier straps and such for the rear seat passengers' comfort!

Great looking car Carmine!

CBODY67

I'd say thanks, but credit/blame goes to Exner. I think '61 LeBron are neat because you have "retro" touches like floating headlamps and privacy rear windows mixed with tailfins and a square steering wheel. One foot in horseless carriage days and the other in the jet-age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back