Imperial with a half stainless roof?

jbearden

Reaction score
Hey guys,I'm not too keen on the older Chrysler vehicles and especially the 50's models.B and E bodies are mainly what I deal in with a few A bodies here and there, so I'm going to need some help with this one.There is a really cool looking old car locally that has Imperial and South Hampton badges.Yellow,half stainless roof,white interior,2 dr.All trim is on the car that I can see.From what I can tell through looking up pics and trying to find things out it is a 1957 Chrysler Crown Imperial South Hampton.I can't get close enough to really inspect the interior or lift the hood,but the body looks EXTREMELY clean.What can you guys tell me about this car?Is it rare,desirable or worth restoring?With as good as the car looks I bet it will run and drive as is.I would like to have a car that I don't need to completely strip down and restore.Is this something worth looking at as a pretty regular driver?If it's pretty rare and I can't drive it much because it needs to be preserved I'll pass it on to someone else.Thanks ahead of time.

57 Imperial, rare? Yes, you don't see many around because the Exner cars were sadly, very prone to rust. Is it worth restoring? I think so. The fin cars are fairly popular right now and are bringing a pretty penny for clean examples (ie restored NOT rodded).

As for drivetrain, it should have a 392 Hemi 4bbl/ pushbutton 727 under the hood. These cars were often gutted for their legendary drivetrains.

My '59 Imperial Custom Coupe has the Silercrest Landau roof option in Noctrance Blue (Silver Blue). I just sent the '78 NYB pictures and will send the '79 NY's next and the '70 Fury III (ex-squad) then the Imperial.

I love the Forward Look cars! They were overlooked for so long.....

Also, to the best of my knowledge, 1959 was the first year of the Stainless Roof option. In 1960 it was optional but a small portion of each side had it, the rest was color keyed or white in color. My 1959 Imperial parts car (complete but is rusty) is a Salmon (Pink) color.

I'll get some pics of the car next time I drive by it.I would like to have a cool old car like that as a cruiser and parts getter.Something I wouldn't have to put a small fortune into after the sell price.I'm ready for a car I can just get into and drive.This car really looks like what I'm searching for.

100_0423 (1).JPG

Back