NOT MINE Interesting cars for sale NOT MINE

rd92west

plan C
Reaction score
Online auction sale started yesterday and goes till aug 20th.
EG auctions
Don Rickard estate sale
Lake Metegoshe on the usa border in western manitoba
120 ish cars
I was over yesterday for a look. I apologize for not checking this dodge out closer.
57 dodge wagon. Stuck hemi. Supposed to be very rare.
First day high bid of $650

58 windsor. I did look this one over.
Original paint, only rust I could find was tiny spot on lower rear of passenger fender. Headlight area is minty.
Does not have original front seat. Couple of small dents.
Apears to have some paint applied to hide stone chips but I ran a magnet over it and found zero bondo. It would polish up and make a nice driver.
Poly engine, they claim it turns over but dont run. I doubt much effort was put into it. Engine looks 100% complete.
I didn't take any pictures yesterday.
This car is at $5250 now but the real action wont take place till the last day.
Owner died of cancer. Hoarded a shitload of very solid cars.
There is more pictures at auction site. Cars start on page 7 I think

45678423_2m.jpg

45678423_4m.jpg

45711623_1m.jpg

This is Ron Rickard 's storage building. Has to be over 200 ft long. There is a 2nd smaller building for a shop.
Don had a warm spot for woodie ford and merc station wagons and toronados. And anything else with solid bodies.
The sale is totally being ran by EG auctions. I guess they stuck a battery in and hit the starter. The cars have notes on windshield.
"Runs and drives" or "turns over, wont start" "engine stuck"
I would bet all the cars ran when Don got them. And would also bet it wouldnt take much to get them running.
Most have decent oil on the full mark and antifreeze in rad.

20220813_123833.jpg

I couldn't find rust on this car. Original slant, now has 426 wedge 4 speed. "Turns over but wont run" Shitty paint, top is baggy, interior is nice. Its sitting outside with the windows open.
A trend I see is the cars with windows open are full of mice and windows are open to temper the stench.
And lot of cars outside with windowd down.
There is a rolls Royce something like a 2003? Low miles, like 20 thousand. Mint looking car. Outside, with windows down.
And we are getting a few showers around here.

20220812_140022.jpg

A couple of fine 428 cj cars. Mustang is a 4 speed. Both appear to be mouse free. These must have been a couple of Don's drivers

20220813_130818.jpg

20220812_135445.jpg

This apears to be a well done customized fury.
It's not my favorite color. It's got shaved door handles, and I couldn't figure out how to open the hood. I didnt spend much time looking.
I would have liked to see under the hood.
This car dont do much for me. Maybe in a different color

20220812_135819.jpg

Wicked cutom Fury, where are the door handles?
How hard is it to go from a Bill of Sale to having an ownership in your name.
A USA car in Canada back to USA or staying in Canada, there are a few hiden gems in the pile!

Have a nice day!
PT

How hard is it to go from a Bill of Sale to having an ownership in your name.
A USA car in Canada back to USA or staying in csnada
These cars sell with bill of sale, and "Form 1" from the "RIV" (register of imported vehicles) which means they were imported into canada properly. And as such are ready to be registered in any province of Canada.
I dont know the particulars but exporting them back to usa wouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:
These cars sell with bill of sale, and "Form 1" from the "RIV" (register of imported vehicles) which means they were imported into canada properly. And as such are ready to be registered in any province of Canada.
I dont know the particulars but exporting them back to usa wouldn't be a problem.
Thanks, much appreciated for the quick reply.
So are there any other cars there you would recomend, that cought your eye or are generaly in good shape?

The mopar selection is small. The 58 windsor is nice. Windows are up.
Honestly I never checked out the dodge wagon. It sure looks sweet.
64 fury has potential.
I never looked under the custom fury but I'd guess it's very nice.
I had a 77 toro few years back. I sold it back to the guy I got it from who bought it new. 54 thousand miles when I sold it.
So I checked out the toro line up.
My plan is to see what looks cheap near the end of the sale and maybe buy one. Honestly I can do without one.
I should add that there is several olds 98 ragtop . I never checked them out but they look fantastic.
Your basically on your own. Obviously the low mile cars should be a safer bet. And there is lots of low mile cars.
I was over for a look on friday. Blown away and confused.
So I went back yesterday.
Its 160 mile round trip for me

The mopar selection is small. The 58 windsor is nice. Windows are up.
Honestly I never checked out the dodge wagon. It sure looks sweet.
64 fury has potential.
I never looked under the custom fury but I'd guess it's very nice.
I had a 77 toro few years back. I sold it back to the guy I got it from who bought it new. 54 thousand miles when I sold it.
So I checked out the toro line up.
My plan is to see what looks cheap near the end of the sale and maybe buy one. Honestly I can do without one.
I should add that there is several olds 98 ragtop . I never checked them out but they look fantastic.
Your basically on your own. Obviously the low mile cars should be a safer bet. And there is lots of low mile cars.
I was over for a look on friday. Blown away and confused.
So I went back yesterday.
Its 160 mile round trip for me
Thanks again RD, something caught your eye if you went back, honestly we all can do without another one but hey it is an addiction right? For me it doesn't have to be a Mopar.
Looks like Don loved the Toros and the 98s a lot. Let me know what not to bid on, don't want to push your bids up.

Have a nice day!

PT

Here's the thing. If I was worried about anyone pushing my bid I wouldn't have made the original post.
But there is 1 to stay away from or dont pay much.
66 toronado. It's a good parts car. Floor is rotten. It's the only 66
I'm starting to wish I'd checked the 98 olds cars closer. Although I'm not a ragtag enthusiast. But these cars looked nice.
Oops, just forgot that I'm mopar guy.
I never looked closely at any of the wagons. But walking past them they look dent free, original paint .
I chatted with 2 ford guys who were blown away with them. Said several 390's a 428 . They were having trouble keeping their eyeballs in the sockets.
there is a cool rambler americian wagon. V8 auto.
Cool chevy, if 4 doors work
Pontiac looks gangster
the trend with all the cars in the sale is that they are way above average. Lots with extremely low milage.
Mice could be a issue for squeamish types.
the owner obviously had some money to play with. He hauled cars in from all over north America.
I would have enjoyed meeting Don Rickard. He had one impressive plan. It's a wake up call for me and everyone else, you just never know when your chips will be cashed in.

20220813_123934.jpg

20220812_142113.jpg

the 65 pontiac is an unusual car. i don't recall seeing another.

Back