Interesting Fury Story

@Meltshop Mikey — do you plan to bring PM41K1F228355 toCarlisle this year?
@ayilar yes, everything is coming together and I'm planning to make the trip to Carlisle with the car this year. The way I'm looking at it is if I make it with no problems, that's great and if I don't, well that's all part of the fun. I'm pretty confident it'll make the trip since it's been running really well.

Here is my GA8 car....

GA8 tag.JPG

Nice car! I'd put stock road wheels and narrow stripe whitewall tires on it and it would be perfection!

Went to my first ever car cruise today and as expected, I was the oddball of the crowd. It felt great! I was actually surprised how many people came by to snoop around the fury. Gotta practice up for Carlisle!

IMG_20230521_145342895_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230521_191940.jpg

IMG_20230521_192010.jpg

IMG_20230521_193104.jpg

IMG_20230518_161449404_HDR.jpg

Last February I stumbled upon my 71 Fury III after looking for parts for my 69 on FB. This thing sat since at least 1991 in a garage and according to the original owners nephew he only pulled it out once with a tractor. I went and had a look at it under the assumption that it was either going to be in good shape or a complete shitbox from sitting for so long. To my surprise this thing was in awesome shape, just very dusty and full of mildew. Anyway, 1000 bucks later and I have it hauled home. Tinkered with it for a few months, got it running, replaced the brakes, suspension parts, other odds and ends. Almost 30 years sitting and with a little mystery oil and a breaker bar the engine spun freely. The coolest part of the car was the story that came with it. Apparently, in 1971 Tarentum Motor Sales would loan out a promo car to Highlands High School for their drivers ed program. Once the school year was over they'd take the car back and sell it. I now have that car along with a copy of the original title. The color of this car is is what really intrigues me it's GA8 dark gunmetal/slate grey and from my research and understanding it was a one year only color used primarily on C-bodies. I have yet to see another car in this color, has anyone else?

Sounds like a great find and story to go with it. Post some pics!!!
You reminded me of the drivers ed programs here as well. The dealers would loan out the cars and sell them as demos later.

Every car deserves a name and it just seemed fitting since the previous owners nane was Ray who loved this car and how his nephew speaks highly of him, I made it official this morning.

IMG_20230629_115512996_HDR.jpg

Back