Interior

Do you mean cloth? I would be surprised if cloth wasn’t offered. My parents had a 62 Corvair station wagon with cloth seats.
I know cloth interiors were available in "closed body" cars. I am specifically talking about a convertible.

00x0x_jCI722blqZez_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

I suspect the cloth seat inserts is available from SMS......although mine was fine ('62 300 Sport Convertible) and the upholsterer did repair the red leather.

DSCN0083.JPG

Back then, I suspect that all convertibles had vinyl interior as standard equipment. Cloth insert seats in an "open car" would probably have not had very good durability, I suspect. Leather would have been on the Letter Cars and New Yorkers, either way.

I found a Color and Trim catalog at www.hamtramck-historical.com for 1964 cars (which might be similar to your 1962 for content?). Convertible 1964 Newports had "vinyl and vinyl" interiors. One vinyl for the edges and then a patterned vinyl for the insert/seating area.

Might verify using the Chrysler parts book as a research resource

I think the seat covers are wrong. I'm planning to go see the car next week. It will be interesting to see what else the "restorer" did.

So, I went to see the car. What a disappointment. The restoration was very poorly performed. I should have expected it. Why would someone butcher the interior, yet do a good restoration? Very poor fit and finish, rusty bumpers, a lot of plastic and chips all over a poor quality repaint. Not only that, but the nephew also who was "helping" the uncle was a clueless idiot. If anyone is looking at this grossly overpriced car my advice would be to stay away. The car is located in Asbury, NJ.

Front left.jpg

Interior 3.jpg

Back