Introduction of 69imperialcrown

69imperialcrown

Reaction score
Hello fellow C body enthusiast's. I am the proud new owner of an extremely rare 1969 imperial Crown sedan.

Firstly let me apologize for any mistakes in grammar or punctuation as I AM typing to you via iPad, and always will be. Anyways I just purchased a 1969 Imperial crown 4 door sedan from the original owner. You guys may recall this thread regarding a car for sale on craigslist about a month ago... For Sale - 1969 Imperial Crown Sedan | For C Bodies Only Classic Mopar Forum

Well anyways I purchased that car 2 days ago on friday, January 8, and am waiting to pick it up sometime this week.

The car has original everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, down to the original issue black California license plates. This car was last registered in 1983, it has been sitting since. And because of the long duration of non-use, the cars engine has clocked barely over 18,000 original miles. Due to this fact and also the fact that it is a very rare 4 door sedan, I plan on doing a complete restoration of the exterior, the interior, and the engine compartment.

I generally only worked on Chevrolets and other classic General Motors vehicles, however I didn't want this rare classic to pass me up. Its is a rust free example of a true California car. I plan on doing this restoration and completing it in full within the next 3 months, however variables may change that time span to make it longer. My knowledge of Mopars are generally limited aside from the 'basic mechanics' of the engine. So I may need help locating parts and etc. For this vehicle and I would genuinely appreciate help.

I would love to hear anyone's input into any ideas, tips, or tricks which can help me to achieve this goal.

My name is Mark, I'm from Fullerton California and I have a passion for classic American cars and I plan on restoring this classic fuselage sedan.

downloadfile.jpg

Last edited:
Great to hear someone saved this beauty!

Good luck with the restauration! It's gonna be a tought one! Imperial parts are mostly not reproductioned and hard to find, '69 parts are even harder to find and Crown/Sedan specific parts... you know ;)
But I will follow this restoration with great interest and hope everything will go smooth.

You will have to repair and restore as much original parts as possible!

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Hi Mark! I'm the guy who had done a lot of the previous posts on this car and I'm so glad you saved it! Please keep me updated on the work you do. I really wanted to buy this car, but my wife figured it was too much work and said NO. So, I am so glad the derby guys didn't get it. Hopefully I can find a 69 to 71 Imperial that my wife will say YES on. You can always email me at mrcaddyman78@gmail.com and I'm John.

Back