Introduction of Blackfox

Blackfox

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a 23 year old with a thing for big cars with big blocks. I own a 1967 Newport sedan with a whole host of problems, but eventually I'll have the car of my dreams.

Welcome good luck with the Newport. You have come to the right place very knowledgeable group, and for the most part friendly. :)

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

I'm in Delburne right now, just east of Red Deer.

And I've only got the one good picture of my girl:
IMG_1144.PNG

She's pretty much stock, other than the edelbrock 650 on top of her 383.

She needs some body work, but everything important is solid.

My current issues is no oil pressure, which is kinda shitty.

My current issues is no oil pressure, which is kinda shitty.

Nice car . Have you checked it with a different gauge ? Is the idiot light sensor faulty?

No need for a different gauge, I've got a mechanical on the dash, and last time I started it she had some awful valve clatter. Only ran it for a few seconds.

I believe it's the pressure relief valve in the oil pump, because it was running fine one day and the next I had 0 psi, but it sounded fine for the short time it was on.

Welcome fellow Albertan! Tough going on the zero oil pressure problem. Had you just changed the oil by chance?

I'm from NS, I'm just an immigrant. Haha

Last oil change was probably 3000 km before this problem.

Literally drove the car, parked it overnight, started it in the morning and no pressure.

She a weird one.

thanks blackfox , i have another c body rag a 65 880 , would like to keep it and one of the 67's , maybe two 7's but i'll will sell one . and the silver / red 7 has no floor to speak of . just found a clean ht and parted it for the parts for restoring it back , if that one sold that would be a part of the sale .

Back