Is a 1975 Chrysler tilt/telescoping steering wheel a direct fit in a 1966 Fury?

Bart

Reaction score
Hi all,

My wife and I are of extremely dissimilar heights. The steering wheel in her 1966 Fury obscures her vision a little, and she has to sit up and away from the seat back to drive it. I have access to a tilt/telescopic wheel from a 1975 2 door Newport (also may be able to salvage some interior parts, if anyone needs them). Will the steering wheel and column bolt in directly, or is it going to be an engineering nightmare?

Bearer of bad Tidings here.
Engineering nightmare.
Get Flaming River T&T column.
Expensive but doable.
Or wight for a correct T&T to come along. Rare but they do pop up.

Thanks. If anyone needs some parts let me know. A derby guy (I know his brother) is getting ready to strip a perfectly good car, and it has a lot of great parts. A real shame.

As Commando 1 stated, it would be a royal mess. 1967 and up have a collapsible column while 1966 und down do not, just trying to get it mounted would not be worth it. Then the electrics, and shift linkage, better off with the Flaming River one.

My T&C seat was a little low for my liking so I raised it by unbolting the seat frames from the floor and putting in washers to bring it up to where I liked it, only took a few. You may be able to put a couple in front and more in the back of that's what she needs. Any thing to keep her happy and driving it.

The only problem is that I drive it, as well. It is our preferred daily driver. We have the seats in a compromise position. If I fix it for her, I will NEVER be able to take her to the store again. I wonder if anyone here has a cheap electric bench seat, and if they are adjustable up and down... ?

I assume the 1965-66 Chrysler New Yorkers are a match, right? I believe I have located a tilt wheel and power bench seat.

lm in the market for a oem tilt colum for my 71 fury non cruise if someone happens to trip over one

Thanks. If anyone needs some parts let me know. A derby guy (I know his brother) is getting ready to strip a perfectly good car, and it has a lot of great parts. A real shame.

What color is the interior? 2 door or 4 door?

It is a 2 door. I believe the interior is brown. Sorry, guys, for my delayed response. The guy who has it said he would get some pictures and send them to me.

Back