Is someone willing to take on a difficult project?

Polara-Star

Reaction score
i have located a 1962 New Yorker, but oh my GOODNESS it's rough. It's complete, a one-owner car, 413 Golden Lion with a factory floor 3-spd manual (!) but once i saw it i had to go away and cry for a minute. If anyone has some resources, it needs floor pans and considerable work involving the body panels, interior, etc. but... well, it's a slant-headlight '62 New Yorker. If there's any chance it can be rescued, there aren't exactly a lot of these cars around. PM me if interested at all, i will go get pics

Hmm, sounds like a big project, yes lets see some pics, then we can give you an idea of what it will take to bring her back.

I'd like to see this, too! It's a shame when people keep cars around that they just wont do anything with, for one lousy reason or another and then it's 10 years down the road and what could've been fixed-up for 5K is now gonna take 25K, OR MORE!

Is it a 2 door or 4 door? Hardtop or pillared sedan?
I've never seen or heard of a manual transmission in a New Yorker but I don't follow the 62's that closely. I thought manual transmissions were mostly used in the 300's and Newports.

i'm sorry it took so long, but i've finally got pics. The '62, a couple other C-bodies, there are also B-bodies on this property. i'm going to start another thread, here and on the B-body forum, and get the pics posted once i sort through them. Hopefully by 7 or 8PM tonight. Also found a '70 Duster a guy put out front, just in time for Fair season... which means derby season. i hope he can avoid selling it to some derby butt-hole...

i'm sorry it took so long, but i've finally got pics. The '62, a couple other C-bodies, there are also B-bodies on this property. i'm going to start another thread, here and on the B-body forum, and get the pics posted once i sort through them. Hopefully by 7 or 8PM tonight. Also found a '70 Duster a guy put out front, just in time for Fair season... which means derby season. i hope he can avoid selling it to some derby butt-hole...

Looking forward to them .. thanks for making that trip

Is it better then this?
400.jpg

You can see how buried in the dirt the wheels were when the jagoff tried to yank it out... I am sure the shovel was an after thought to retrieve the other half.

400-jpg.87713

I would like to get my hands on that manual pedal box and other associated parts needed to complete a manual conversion of my '60 Windsor.

If I wasn't half way around the planet I would be enroute with a trailer as we speak :) The fact that the air cleaner is still in place gives a bit of hope that the engine may still be of some use too...

Parts car...that car would take $30k, or more, than it would be worth done to restore.

Back