Is the show in Hershey PA next week - worth going to?

Mike McGuire

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Mopar enthusiasts.

I've never been to the fall event in Hershey PA that is going on next week.
Is there absolutely everything under the sun as far as old mopar parts go, or is it new after market floor mats and air fresheners, and motor oil, and window scrapers?

Any advice on how to maximize time on the scene?

Where to stay, ... Best places for chow.

Many Thanks!

Kiekhaeffer_ChryslerInterior_henryford.jpg

I've been to about 18 of the last 36 events. This event is massive, larger than Carlisle . You can get lost as there are many places they have vendors, unlike the square Carlisle is.
This event as far as swap goes is Wednesday to Friday with the show on Saturday.
You will not find many late 60s on parts but pre 60 should be or is usually abundant. They have everything here but very little of the T shirt and sock vendors...

I've only done one day and can't go on. I always walk Carlisle in one day... easily.

Murray Park is always there...

I've been to about 18 of the last 36 events. This event is massive, larger than Carlisle . You can get lost as there are many places they have vendors, unlike the square Carlisle is.
This event as far as swap goes is Wednesday to Friday with the show on Saturday.
You will not find many late 60s on parts but pre 60 should be or is usually abundant. They have everything here but very little of the T shirt and sock vendors...

I've only done one day and can't go on. I always walk Carlisle in one day... easily.

Murray Park is always there...

Thanks Polara 71!, So, right now, I'm figuring to be there for Friday. My fear is that everybody will be packing up, & I'll miss out on a large amount of parts.
Kind of like the last day for a trade show...
Anyway, I suppose I will get there at the crack of dawn on Friday.
Thanks again.

Thanks Polara 71!, So, right now, I'm figuring to be there for Friday. My fear is that everybody will be packing up, & I'll miss out on a large amount of parts.
Kind of like the last day for a trade show...
Anyway, I suppose I will get there at the crack of dawn on Friday.
Thanks again.

If I go it will be Friday , maybe Thursday but unlikely. Get there early, but not to early or the dew is still on all the tarps. Parking is about 15 or 20 but admission is free . It is disappointing when they start packing it in but you cant fight it so dont let it ruin your day.

This had been on my "always wanted to do list" and this year I'm finally going. You have to get your registration in by mid-August, and this year I actually made the deadline.

Going up Thursday eve. to hit the market/pick up my "show packet" on Friday, and then show the '67 New Yorker on Saturday. I'm hoping the weather holds out........

Anyone else going to be there?

This had been on my "always wanted to do list" and this year I'm finally going. You have to get your registration in by mid-August, and this year I actually made the deadline.

Going up Thursday eve. to hit the market/pick up my "show packet" on Friday, and then show the '67 New Yorker on Saturday. I'm hoping the weather holds out........

Anyone else going to be there?

Registration by mid august? I thought it was free to walk around.. Perhaps you mean for events, etc.

registration is to put your car on the "show" field, the event is otherwise free to walk around from what I can tell........sorry to confuse.

I'll be there Tuesday,Wednesday,and Thursday,and still won't see it all.
Wear the best pair of walking shoes/boots that you have. Carry something to drink with you, and save the bottle to refill in a drinking fountain, you will likely be a mile, or more, from your car.
There is NOT everything under the sun MoPar parts related, there is however little to none of the flea market crap there. You will probably find more Packard parts there than MoPar parts. Hershey was originally set up to be a pre-war swap meet, and Carlisle was the post-war swap meet, as I understand it. But there are a lot of post-war parts at Hershey. If you are looking for a specific part for a GTX, you are much better off going to Chryslers at Carlisle, if you're looking for general parts for a '39 Plymouth, then Hershey is the place to go.

Going on Thursday and Friday, staying in a B & B about 10-15 minutes away Thursday night. This is the first time I've ever done more than one day at an event, but after rushing through things every other time at Hershey (and still missing at least half of it) I decided to give myself the time to take my time and see as much as I can. I'm thinking of stopping in at the indoor auction just to see what it's like, and I hope to run across a few Forward Look guys here and there.

The weather definitely looks dicey, but I'll take the overcast instead of brutal sun any time. Just means my Desoto will be staying home in the garage instead of taking a nice 2 day drive. Oh well.

Gregg

This will be my first time at Hershey, and need a navigational clue or two. I actually entered my car for the "owner participation" show, and may/may not take it depending on weather. The AACA info on the show is copious, but does NOT have an address, which I might need for my GPS, as I'm not familiar with Hershey, or Harrisburg for that matter. Does anyone know what to go by in terms of address?

THANKS

The event is held primarily in the main parking area of Hershey Park. I'm sure there's an address but I doubt anyone uses it - your mapping program/device should be able to locate "Hershey Park" and go from there.

The event is large enough that once you're in the general area there's plenty of visual indications on where you're headed . . .

Gregg

I wasn't sure if the event was AT Hershey Park, or somewhere else, I'll use Hershey Park, got it - if not I'll just follow the DeSoto, or Packard........

THANKS.

Thursday was pretty much of a washout, though I did find a few things, so we went back on Friday for a few hours, the weather really cooled off by Friday(finally), but it wasn't raining. All in all it was a pretty good swap meet, and the best part, I didn't have to go to work!
happy0158.gif

This was my first time showing a car at Hershey and it won't be my last. Almost overwhelming in size, yet highly organized. There was a lot I had never seen before, especially the 1900's - 1930's cars which I otherwise never see....... there was even a Zastava (Yugoslavian Fiat) like the one I drove while in Sarajevo.......

Decent C-body representation too, including a beautiful '65 Imperial, several nearly perfect '63 & '64 Dodge Custom 880's, and a 1960 New Yorker wagon, just to mention a few.... I wasn't sure what category to register in, so my '67 New Yorker inadvertently wound up being in the formal, judged-for-points group, and no doubt didn't score highly compared to the restored beauties it was alongside.

The judges, however, were kind, complementary, and tactfully suggested that I register in HPOF (historic preservation, original features) next time, where they told me it would do rather well (not that I was expecting an award......)

Nonetheless, I had a great time, the New Yorker got lots of attention, and I and enjoyed visiting with lots of other nice, knowledgeable car people. Drove up early on Friday to hit the car corral, which was mind-blowing.

If you have skipped this one, try to get to it, it was well worth the drive.......

Last edited:
Belated thanks everyone. It was much fun. We went on the first day and walked the soles of our shoes off. Great Americana experience. Many parts and many sweet rides.
I'll be back in 2019.
Mike

Back