Is there anyway I can find out

Topless69

Reaction score
hi Guys, I bought my 69 Polara Convertible 2.5 yrs ago from a man here in NZ
I would like to know if there is anyway that I can find out more about my car,
Like the number of US owners,where it came from where it was sold new etc.
I have tried the old owner but he got it through someone else and cant tell me anything
IMG_02841.jpg

IMG_02841.jpg

All I can suggest is to post the Vin number if you are comfortable with doing that, maybe someone may recognise the numbers.I know it is almost impossible to chase the history on these things. In Ontario,Canada a few years ago they started a vehicle history package but it doesn`t do much good pre 90`s . There is a site if I recall correctly in the U.S. that you can go to but ya have to pay,maybe someone south of the 48`th can help here:dontknow: good luck

I will be speaking to the guy who shipped it from the US this week. I'm sure he will remember where he bought it and maybe from whom.I seem to recall he bought it after an ebay listing expired.It had been someones Dad,s car I think. Will let you know what he recalls.

That car is gorgeous! My first car was a 69 Polara, 2-door, with the "power-light" in the driver side of the grill. Had a 318/auto with bucket front seats, all stock. Man I would give my arm to have that car again!

Have finally spoken to my pal in LA who sent the car to NZ. He did some research and
even rang the folks he bought it from.It came from Garden City Kansas.The people were
the 2nd owners.I'm sure you will be able to speak to them yourself. Ring me 9810875.

Geoff

hi Guys, I bought my 69 Polara Convertible 2.5 yrs ago from a man here in NZ
I would like to know if there is anyway that I can find out more about my car,
Like the number of US owners,where it came from where it was sold new etc.
I have tried the old owner but he got it through someone else and cant tell me anything
IMG_02841.jpg
That is a beautiful car!! Wow, love the color it looks similar to color for my 1972 Fury

Back