It´s time for the Slab picture thread

my 68 4 door sedan with 440/375hp

DSC07358.JPG

DSC07321.JPG

Any of you slabbies out there have Magnum 500s on your ride? Can you share some pics of the broadside of your ride?? If you happen to have 17 inchers on, that would be even better. If you could post your wheel and tire size it would be much appreciated.

I was reading some posts about old tires. Mine are in good condition, but well past 10 years now. If I am going to get new tires, I might as well get the wheels I have wanted for a long time. I have a ‘68 300 convertible.

Thanks in advance!

Any of you slabbies out there have Magnum 500s on your ride? Can you share some pics of the broadside of your ride?? If you happen to have 17 inchers on, that would be even better. If you could post your wheel and tire size it would be much appreciated.

I was reading some posts about old tires. Mine are in good condition, but well past 10 years now. If I am going to get new tires, I might as well get the wheels I have wanted for a long time. I have a ‘68 300 convertible.

Thanks in advance!
Have you gone through the wheels & tire survey thread?

C-Body Wheel and Tire Survey

Thanks for that link. 154 pages, whoa!

I was hoping to short circuit the process in the hopes some fellow ‘68 owners might lend a hand. Never hurts to get more slab pics on this thread, right? Two birds with one stone!

Thanks for that link. 154 pages, whoa!

I was hoping to short circuit the process in the hopes some fellow ‘68 owners might lend a hand. Never hurts to get more slab pics on this thread, right? Two birds with one stone!
Ton of slabbies with Magnums all over FCBO, including in the Wheel and Tire Survey Thread. That thread's got over two thousand cars in it, so its not focused on any car line.

In that regard, you gotta look at things in that thread that, while cool, ain't '68 slabbies. Not best use of time if you wanna be model year specific. Many of all model year Slabs are there though .. and sprinkled everywhere else all over FCBO.

Even the factory advertised them, e.g., this 68 300 rockin' magnums and whitewalls.
Directory Index: Chrysler_and_Imperial/1968_Chrysler/1968_Chrysler_Brochure

68-300-98-jpg.jpg
1683742743879.png

1683742601150.png

Calling on slabbie owners to help out with a particular model year and wheel usage would be great to see here in the slabbie forum.

Try this one to narrow the search a bit? Another example of the many places interesting-looking Slabs with magnums can be found.

67-68 Fury Picture thread - only 24 pages
Looking for advice + id these rims - only 2 pages

oct-2015-009-jpg.jpg
1668554126803-png.png

210613_Front_3-4_Web.jpg
used-1968-chrysler-new_yorker-hardtop-8031-21838222-3-800.jpg
1968-chrysler-new-yorker.jpeg
1674782854165-jpeg.jpg
1967-dodge-monaco-1-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent examples. Thank you! I completely forgot about the sales brochure!

This is definitely enough to solidifying my decision, but no need to stop posting pics. :)

Excellent examples. Thank you! I completely forgot about the sales brochure!

This is definitely enough to solidifying my decision, but no need to stop posting pics. :)
I like the Magnum wheels, but don't necessarily want them on my sedan. FasTops seem to wear them well, especially for a 300, they dress up otherwise plain Jane models, too.

I very much appreciate the assist. I am convinced Magnum 500s are going to look great on my ‘68 300.

I have 15” wheels because of the discs up front. I am pretty sure I have stock 6” wide wheels now. With this shift to new wheels, what is the widest I could get away with but still fit within the wheel wells? Wheels Vintique has 6”, 7”, and 8” (I am not interested in the 10”)

Muscle Car - All Wheels

If anyone can school me on the backspacing measurement, or at least know what the stock backspacing is, I’d certainly appreciate it.

The way I understood back space. lay a flat edge across the inside of the wheel, edge to edge, measure the depth down to the bolt on area. that's backspace. I maybe corrected, my wife always does.

The way I understood back space. lay a flat edge across the inside of the wheel, edge to edge, measure the depth down to the bolt on area. that's backspace. I maybe corrected, my wife always does.
Thanks @GOLDMYN! Do you happen to know what the current backspacing is on the stock wheels? And what the back spacing might need to be on a 7” or 8” wheel.

The FSM has some details, but not the backspacing:
IMG_4026.jpeg

Last edited:
Back