It pays to ask

'69FuryIIIConvertible

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
So on my way home from work I spotted something being loaded on a trailer on this dark dreary foggy rainy day.....a little used car lot closed down after about 30 years

I've been watching them haul cars out all week no idea to where......

I swung the Cheyenne around and stopped next to them......

"Whatcha doing with the Chrysler?"

"Its going to scrap, the frame is rotted out, a guy bought the 440 and 727 out of it so it's going to his place for him to pull the motor and tranny then it's going to scrap"

"Would you sell the rest of the car?"

"You want it?"

"Yeah, I want it"

"Tell ya what, you can have it, it's too bad you didn't come a few days earlier I would've given the whole car to you with the 440"

Guys brother shows up.....
"This young guy wants the Chrysler"
"Did you tell him that it's toast"
"Yeah I did, he wants it anyway, even without the engine and tranny"
"He can have it then, did you tell him I have all the emblems, keys, paperwork, 2nd skirts for it"
"You see I bought the car in 1981, I'm the only other owner it's had since new."

So he wanted my phone number and name and when he picks it up from the guy who wanted the engine, he'll drop the rest to me. .
It never hurts to ask.....

20161017_183716.jpg

When I think about all the cool cars that came and went back in the day at the Dealership I only wish I had the foresight to start collecting then rather than now....25 years goes by quickly! Another nice score Nick you're gonna need another house just to store it all..:) Maybe you are the next generation Murray P

Formally a Formal owner..... Always ask, worse that can happen is they'd tell you no.

Nice color combo!

So on my way home from work I spotted something being loaded on a trailer on this dark dreary foggy rainy day.....a little used car lot closed down after about 30 years

I've been watching them haul cars out all week no idea to where......

I swung the Cheyenne around and stopped next to them......

"Whatcha doing with the Chrysler?"

"Its going to scrap, the frame is rotted out, a guy bought the 440 and 727 out of it so it's going to his place for him to pull the motor and tranny then it's going to scrap"

"Would you sell the rest of the car?"

"You want it?"

"Yeah, I want it"

"Tell ya what, you can have it, it's too bad you didn't come a few days earlier I would've given the whole car to you with the 440"

Guys brother shows up.....
"This young guy wants the Chrysler"
"Did you tell him that it's toast"
"Yeah I did, he wants it anyway, even without the engine and tranny"
"He can have it then, did you tell him I have all the emblems, keys, paperwork, 2nd skirts for it"
"You see I bought the car in 1981, I'm the only other owner it's had since new."

So he wanted my phone number and name and when he picks it up from the guy who wanted the engine, he'll drop the rest to me. .
It never hurts to ask.....

View attachment 97621

Way-ta-go Nick! So what are ya gonna do with it?

Nice score, especially with the Road Wheels still on.

There was a 69 Impala coupe with a 327 that I remember sitting next to this one. I inquired but was too late. Its gone to scrap.

Magdalene told me last night I should seek help for my addiction. I said I am, I'm on For C Bodies only.

My idea of buying a farm and calling it Molar Acres created a look of distest from my better half.

What year is it?

You can get $400-$600 for the bumpers.

If the idler arm and pitman arm are tight I would keep them and the center link. Brake booster is worth keeping.

Back