Its been a while....

Steve B

Reaction score
I haven't posted or viewed on here for some years so thought it was time to visit again and say 'hi' to all.

My 68 Polara sedan (original 383 HiPo, 727) is still going strong and getting used as much as I can.

I have retired, rellocated back to the land of my birth, Scotland, and have made a few contacts in a small local classic car club. I live in a pretty isolated area and the main issue is finding E5 (5% Ethanol) fuel. Standard fuel here is E10 (10%) and my car hates it.

Ive put a few pics of my car on if anyone is interested. Excuse the RWL tyres, came with a good used set of 15" chrome Magnum 500s. I will run them until they are worn out then hoping to get a set of redlines. I have original 14" steels with trims that I will put on before the Winter sets in.

My car is really appreciated in Galloway as American vehicles are very rare here.

Hoping to contribute a little here and there and enjoy this great forum again,

many thanks and best wishes to all,

Cheers, Steve

20231003_131836.jpg
20231003_131811.jpg

20231103_131040.jpg
20231103_115645.jpg
20231003_140323.jpg

20231108_141108.jpg

Last edited:
Hi from Chilton, Wisconsin, up near Greenbay. Very nice looking sedan, What's your cars history? When you moved back home, did it take sometime to get used to the language? Here's a pix of my sedan...mike

DSC07359.JPG

DSC07291.JPG

Hi Mike and thank you for the kind comments. Your car is very nice! Looks really original. Mine is an aircon car too but I removed it as it didnt work and made the engine a little difficult to work on. Obviously, I have kept all the parts.

My car was bought new by a gentleman called Herbert Terry in Harrison, Arkansas and eventually ended up with Patrick Nardelli in Whiting, New Jersey before being imported to the UK. I purchased the car from the person who imported her and have owned her since 2011.

No issues with language at all. I relocated from England, having spent nearly 40 years there, back to Scotland. We all speak English in the UK with Gaelic being a traditional language also spoken in Scotland, although its very rare outside the Western Isles (Hebrides). Realistically, it has become a second language now as not many youngsters learn it these days. Its not something I was ever taught. Some regional accents can be difficult to pick up by visitors on vacation but not to most Brits. The variations in the UK can be pretty extreme. Ive been to the US several times and noticed only relatively slight variations, the most pronounced being in Boston and New York (to me anyway).

Thanks again Mike and keep enjoying your amazing car,

Cheers Steve

HI, thanks for the reply. Just navigating through the forums again and its great to see so many C body fans still in one place!

Cheers Steve

Nice looking Polara. What is going on with your engine that it can't run 10% ? That is the minimum rate here and my cars run fine even if I would prefer real gasoline.

Back