It's Fu#@!*% Cold!

Meanwhile, in Edmonton -

PXL_20221221_172456043.jpg

Those "Global Warming Folk" are falling down on the job!

This is a popular misconception of Global Warming. In my last job before retiring, I had to meet with climate scientists regarding this topic of Global Warming on a fairly regular basis. At first I had my doubts about the science behind this topic until I was finally able to meet with top scientists on the subject. One major takeaway was that they really knew what they were talking about and answered all of my questions with obviously capable science on their side - these folks have dedicated their whole careers to studying this science and have the data and explanations well sorted out - they were compelling.

My biggest "take away" is that when there is too much CO2 in the upper atmosphere, it acts like a blanket that makes control of the earth climate just plain unstable.

They were very clear, not only do the hots get hotter but also the colds get colder. They soundly predicted this would increasingly take place and that is what we are indeed seeing. They also warned that hurricanes, severe storms, tornadoes and other unstable storm events would just increase and also that ocean levels would rise. That was all predicted 20 years ago and I am still seeing that what they described are increasingly taking place.

Relying on one's "gut" can be increasingly dangerous when experts have weighed in with scientifically determined outcomes. That is one reason that large, successful corporations only take applicants with advanced degrees to ensure they will be capable and successful in their business endeavors. Especially those companies in the automobile/truck market have to have very skilled and capable engineers and scientists in order to compete in that business. At this time, those particularly in the automobile business must have advanced electrical engineering degrees to even get an interview.

Happy Solstice. The days are getting longer. Currently here in Toronto +4c, Storm on the way as I write.

I'm in DFW Texas. Temp has dropped from 44 to 18 in 5 hours, wind is blowing 45 mph and our forecast low tonight is single digits with wind chills in teens below zero. Freakin' nuts!

We live in Teulon but came to Puerto Morelos a week ago Tuesday the day before the bad weather hit.
Not going back until March 24th. It’s time to enjoy life I’ve had enough of the crappy weather and sure don’t miss it.
I feel bad for everyone back at home but we deserve this. Worked hard all our lives has finally paid off.

43F2E18D-37FF-4D88-B533-14028E980B62.png

D00A6106-2C5F-492E-9ACE-9C769073DC7D.png

"Polar Bear" licence plates tell me he is in the Northwest Territories. I have family in Yellowknife and can attest to the cold. I have never mastered the skill of working with gloves, and in such temps, gloves become even more restrictive. This winter is colder there than it was last year when I was there. Many new challenges. Here in New Brunswick, We have not yet, had any real cold. Thermometer is hanging near the freezing mark. Our turn will come! Lindsay

I'm listening to Londonscanner, complete carnage on the 401 and 402 here in the SW Ontario. An OPP car, an ambulance and a fire truck have all been involved one way or another in collisions. It's about 7 F (-14 C) here in London, temp has been dropping like a rock for the last few hours. That's air temp, not "wind chill".

It's 2F in Detroit (to my west) and 20F in Toronto (to my east). Even further east in Kingston it's 30F.

Chicago current temp -3F, Cleveland -1F, Buffalo 20F.

Last edited:
Just outside Paducah, KY this morning 2 degrees F and about 25 mph winds.
I will have to say it is the highest temperature I have seen in a number of days. Yesterday drove from Fargo to St.Louis. It was around -17F with 25 -30mph winds from Fargo to Sioux Falls. The 3 hours took us 4. Very poor visibility. At Sioux fall the temperature rose to -10. St Louis this morning was -2 with a nasty wind that won’t quit.

Last night around 5, 6 pm I was putting my snow tires on. It was 40f, clear, dry, calm. It hasn't been under 25f here for me so far this winter - until this morning.

Our walk with Molly the wonder dog just after the temps went from +4c to -6c in an hour. It was raining an hour before I did the vid.

Back