ivory CHP Polara steering wheel

hotpursuit

Reaction score
Ok, everyone... I'm looking for an extremely rare ivory steering wheel, used by CHP '69 Polaras. Mine is cracked into about 20 pieces. I think I'll find a unicorn before I get one of these wheels. Oh well, any leads are appreciated!:BangHead::BangHead:

I plan on having one made. Sometime in the next month or two I'll be contacting a company that did one for a friends 66 CHP Polara. Although it is a different wheel all he needs is a good original. The 69 wheel is the same shape as the A/B body wheel and they may have the mold already. The one they did for his 66 looks perfect! at $1200 it better.

I don't have the contact info yet, I can get it if you are interested, maybe they can do a bulk deal.

Alan

The odds that an original wheel is in existence is highly unlikely. These are not just the same wheel in white, they are a translucent material that doesn't just crack in time they disintegrate. So my money is on the unicorn.

Alan

Here is one of mine...

2010-05-08_030.jpg

2010-09-02_002.jpg

Alan

hey Alan,

yours looks great.
Mine has caps I can put my fingers inbetween :))

Carsten

There is a great vendor that comes to Carlisle every year and he restores them by recasting. I can't remember who it was but we discussed it here a few times...
Anybody have a flashback and remember who it is???

I was going to have him restore my NY'er steering wheel until I found the blue leather one and made it work.

Even if you found an original it would be in the same shape. IMG_0561.jpgIMG_0564.jpgIMG_0864.jpgIMG_0868.jpgDennis Crooks of Quality restorations did mine.

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

Back