Just bought a 69 Sport Fury Convertible

@Brakeman95 btw good score on that rare ' vert.
She deserves to be done right.
Keep us posted on your endeavour, abd no such thing as a stupid question.
Just to get her mobile, an Edelbrock 1406 Carb will bolt right on..get the Mopar throttle linkage asaptor. .
Hope this helps.
Only plan is to get it on the road and the top replaced along with some interior work I'll drive it every day after that. Carb kit is on the way I'll replace the starter with the new one my son bought because we've had some strange issues with old starters and bought a new battery too.

The original owner would have been Chrysler Corp. (What does the title say? It may say who your guy bought the car from)

Given the references on the invoice, it was likely used as a car used for internal (Chrysler) advertising/promotion somehow. Your buyer bought it from Chrysler after it was about 6 months old.
probably as there is some Chrysler embossed document stating first placed in service and removed from service by the original user. I think it's for the warranty I got to look at the docs

69 C body 383-4bbl with A/C is engine assembly 903 with CARB 38 = 4160 Holley

There is no such thing as ANY 1969 383-4bbl with a/c being an HP assembly. They will all be 330 horse whether they are in a B or C body.

Only A, B and E bodies got the 68-70 383-4 335 horse HP assemblies. C bodies got either 2 or 4bbl (330 horse) assembly.

View attachment 645250
This car is a 383 Super Commando 330 HP to be more accurate E63 and H vin but I don't have the sheet you show. I just have my doubts it would have had a Holley carb though.

This car is a 383 Super Commando 330 HP to be more accurate E63 and H vin but I don't have the sheet you show. I just have my doubts it would have had a Holley carb though.

The Broadcast sheet clearly shows the carb for the 903 engine assembly ('69 C body 383-4 with automatic and A/C) is the 4160 Holley. I think you'd find there are very, very few Carter applications for a/c in 69.

Last edited:
There is a cool factor with this car that intrigues me . The factory Carter AVS 4682SA (625 cfm) in my pictures was on my parts car , A 69 Sport Fury 383 hp without air-conditioning . But this car could very well have the factory Holley carb on it because it has A/C , the paperwork supports this . Very interesting. Why would have Ma Mopar gone with a Holley ? Did it have more CFM ? Did it work better under load when the A/C was on ?

Congrats @Brakeman95 for acquiring PH27H9D256672 -- look forward to seeing the car brought back to full glory!

The Broadcast sheet clearly shows the carb for the 903 engine assembly ('69 C body 383-4 with automatic and A/C) is the 4160 Holley. I think you'd find there are very, very few Carter applications for a/c in 69.
Thank. I did not take the A/C into consideration.

The car was originally "put into service" by Chrysler in March of 1969, it was removed from service July 1969, the "statement of vehicle sale" is dated September of 1969 when the original owner took delivery at that time it had 4000 miles on it, the title is dated May 1972. The car is fully documented, I don't have the build sheets it does have a log book with entries starting from when he bought the car, he took very good care of his Fury. The car has a 383 4bbl automatic, sure grip 3:23 rear axle, power driver bucket seat with arm rest, power steering, windows and front disk brakes, cruise air tilt AM/FM stereo 8 track and has the original Chrysler 8 track tape.

20240216_114101.jpg

20240216_114118.jpg

20240216_114111.jpg

The car was originally "put into service" by Chrysler in March of 1969, it was removed from service July 1969, the "statement of vehicle sale" is dated September of 1969 when the original owner took delivery at that time it had 4000 miles on it, the title is dated May 1972. The car is fully documented, I don't have the build sheets it does have a log book with entries starting from when he bought the car, he took very good care of his Fury. The car has a 383 4bbl automatic, sure grip 3:23 rear axle, power driver bucket seat with arm rest, power steering, windows and front disk brakes, cruise air tilt AM/FM stereo 8 track and has the original Chrysler 8 track tape.

View attachment 645400

View attachment 645406

View attachment 645407
Still a cool car, with all the options and the back story makes it even more interesting.

After the advertising dept was done with the car it was sold at a plant auction, one of the sites for auctions was the lynch road marshaling yard. It looks to be that the employee 1st owner bought the car at the auction.

Pilot cars were not to be sold to the public as "new" but there was no rule about selling them as "used" at the plant auctions.

Try looking for the person [or relatives of] named at the bottom of the window sticker
The SO# begins with a 7 which is odd. To best of my knowledge no code triggers a 7 as previously reported

After the advertising dept was done with the car it was sold at a plant auction, one of the sites for auctions was the lynch road marshaling yard. It looks to be that the employee 1st owner bought the car at the auction.

Pilot cars were not to be sold to the public as "new" but there was no rule about selling them as "used" at the plant auctions.

Try looking for the person [or relatives of] named at the bottom of the window sticker
The SO# begins with a 7 which is odd. To best of my knowledge no code triggers a 7 as previously reported

6-7-800000 range VONS are not uncommon for MY 1969 and are typically related to internal orders/purpose, leases and other non consumer retail or internal use vehicles. Other examples of Y28 and the 7XXXXX series VON exist. That's the code that likely triggered the VON.

Y28.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats to the new car.

Is it possible to get a full picture of this invoice ?

1708780975930.jpeg

I found this tag under the back seat, does anybody know what it is and or how to decode it.

20240226_194930.jpg

It was attached to the seat assembly and helps describe what the seat went to. The 3/14/69 date fits well with your scheduled date.

20240226_194930.jpg

I have sorted all the lighting for the Sport Fury and the Turn signal flasher was a serious challenge to locate but the turn signals brake lights running lights headlights and corning lights all work now. I had to remove the steering wheel and repair broken wires on the turn signal switch and that is not 100% perfect but works. I would like to know if there is a supplier for new turn signal switches for a tilt steering 69 C Body out there that don't cost $300 like on Ebay. I see many versions but I don't have experience to know the differences within the parts suppliers. I located the cancel cams but don't need one I need the replacement part where the wiring connects to, and I don't see how the version I have would come apart due to a pin looks like it's riveted or swedged over. It's red and I have a picture I'll load. But for now everything works to drive it so next s insurance and plates.

Thats a Very cool driver you are gonna have. Part of owning these 50+ year old beasts is chasing gremlins that like to pop up.

Back