Just by chance...

You could also shorten that dress a bit while at it. :)

Skin tones are a little more difficult to do, I never got into the world of "fakes".

Alan

The red outline represents the original picture, the green is the new canvas created by the rotation and the yellow is the portion of the original picture that was cropped off.
The picture outside the red box is the new image I needed to create.

IcefieldsParkway2.jpg

RotateProject2.jpg

I sometime do work for a portrait photographer and need to remove distracting objects from the background. Rotating a picture often involves adding new image, with the portrait photographer I often have other pictures for a reference and can frequently pull from.

In the first picture I might have been content with just cropping the picture within the original but there wasn't enough and I would have cropped the gentleman off, leaving the need to fill the left side.

The second picture I chose to crop the left off as rebuilding the Land Cruiser would be quite difficult lets not even talk about the Honda next to it, likewise with the white truck. I originally set off to fill the entire green area (maybe not the bottom). The center house was done first, I had already done the full upper level on the stucco house on the left and was working on the lower level where the two vehicles came up and that was when I chose to crop it there. I finished up with the right structure right away selecting a point on the truck to minimize work on the truck.

I could have simply rotated the first picture to illustrate the incline but your eye will still see the original picture just rotated.
The second picture I saw as a challenge but proved to be easier for a couple different reasons.
I just like fixing pictures and I do have a good since when a picture was taken off level.

Alan

Back