Just found that frond end noise

t57f100

Reaction score
read my manual on how to do this but over the years people find different ways to do stuff.So i have this front end noise and i found it ,it is coming from the strut rod bushing near the front not near the lower control arm.while I'm here should i change just the front or is this something that requires a total change.If so can someone give me the info on how they did it and if they changed the rod and bushings as a unit if possible leave sources and where to buy them i don't want to go cheap here if im here.
thanks again for the loads of help here and happy easter all God Bless

Strut rod bushings are readily available from the part stores. No need to replace the rod unless they are damaged. How are your other bushings, mainly your lower control arm bushings?

Is the noise related to the bushing having a "dry rubber flex" noise or has the bushing disintegrated? Just curious. What was the original noise?

I believe you can just replace the front side, if that's where the issue might be. To get to the rear bushing, you'll probably need to get the strut rod to move rearward several inches, at least?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

sorry for the late reply here i haven't had the time to check the lower control bushings so I'm not sure on that.Im not sure if is dry rubber flex but there is plenty of moment around the front of the bushing where it goes thru the frame where the frame is below the core support.it seems tight at the back of the rod.Is it possible for this driving season to just get the front done do the rest next winter

there is plenty of moment around the front of the bushing where it goes thru the frame

Is it up-down-side-to-side movement or front-to-back? If it's just up-down-side-to-side then replacing the front biscuit will probably help and get you through the summer. Front-back movement and I'm guessing that your lower control arm bushings are shot.

the car

42342664_1879547958793153_255037374239604736_n.jpg

Last edited:
Is it up-down-side-to-side movement or front-to-back? If it's just up-down-side-to-side then replacing the front biscuit will probably help and get you through the summer. Front-back movement and I'm guessing that your lower control arm bushings are shot.
sorry my bad the front is side to side ill check it again front to back but if it is side t side is it easy to change the front bushings if so how sorry about the last reply

If you just want to replace the front part of the bushing just take the nut and washer off of the front and work the old off and new back on (it's a 2 piece bushing), it might fight you, but shouldn't be much of a problem. Then with the car fully on the ground torque the nut down to 40 lbs. Just keep in mind that this is only a band-aid repair and other issues will have to be addressed.

I'm no expert here, but I do think the lower control arm has to come out in order to get the strut rod out, and to replace the back side of the strut rod bushing, so plan on doing that and replacing the lower control arm bushings and any other associated/worn parts.

Back