Just wanted to show off my 71 Chrysler 300

FGWhaling..71 300

Reaction score
This is my 71 Chrysler 300 that my father purchased in the 80's..... It's all original except the side moldings ..... 440 4 barrel ... Bucket seats with leather inserts .... Automatic trans with center console shift.... April green metallic with green interior......

FB_IMG_1501620733965.jpg

IMG_20180731_215654.jpg

FB_IMG_1496347408680.jpg

The moldings look original except they are missing the ribbed vinyl inserts that usually fell off long ago - or am I missing something? The seats are all vinyl if original but do feel similar to leather to the touch - great seats for comfort!

J4 is Chrysler's best green IMO. Beautiful car and thanks for sharing. Can we see the body code plate just ahead of the battery on top of the radiator core support?

Your 300 and the Camaro next to it have similar loop bumper themes that look great.

Thanks for sharing.

Your car reminds me of one very much like it (but this one looks more to be the F3 green rather than the J4) that showed up in a Bob Hope movie "Cancel my Reservation" at 11:10 into the movie:

Last edited:
Great car! Thanks for the photos. Looks like the side trim is complete.

091D5C9A-183F-4E47-83B1-7AAF1CE632D6.png

@FGWhaling..71 300 — wonderful GJ4 300. One of my favorite fusie colors. Would love to see your car´s interior and, if you’re willing to share it, the fender tag too.

Great car! Thanks for the photos. Looks like the side trim is complete.

View attachment 552844

Yes, it does have a rubber insert but not the original ribbed one - about the best one can do in the absence of that difficult to find ribbed one. No one but maybe me would notice that detail. This one also has the correct center caps for the road wheels for that model too..................nice! All the grille elements line up nicely too. Very nice to see such a beautiful car.

:welcome::thumbsup:Thanks for sharing , that is one handsome car , also welcome to the forum !!

Be getting it out Saturday at Moparfest here in Ontario Canada on Saturday weather permitting so I will take some more photos and share with the group.... Don't have any interior shots but will take some for sure.... Thanks for all the positive comments I will read them to my dad since he is blind now..... This was a $750 "Winter Beater" purchase when my Dad got it but it has never seen a winter since we owned it..... It has also been oil undercoated since the 80s and that's why it's still in such great shape.... The one gentleman is spot on about the trim it was chrome with like a ribbed light green rubber insert we have some pieces of it still but could not find any original replacements to finish it off... The stick on molding was put on just to protect against door dings and to cover the original attachment holes.....

Very nice! Why didn't we see this sooner? :poke:
Haha.... I don't know.... I have been just lurking this site for a while and sharing pics just seems like bragging but I see so many posts of similar cars that are really rough shape I just though it would be cool to show off a true all original survivor

Yes, it does have a rubber insert but not the original ribbed one - about the best one can do in the absence of that difficult to find ribbed one. No one but maybe me would notice that detail. This one also has the correct center caps for the road wheels for that model too..................nice! All the grille elements line up nicely too. Very nice to see such a beautiful car.
Sir you clearly know your stuff.... Everything you said is %100 accurate.... We actually have 2 different types of centercaps because we cannot find a good complete set of 4... They are pretty fragile and always broken

@FGWhaling..71 300 -- in case you are interested in fellow GJ4 fans, there are (AFAICR) three other owners of GJ4 Chrysler two-doors on the board: @saforwardlook owns a 300 with white vinyl top and interior, @TheMoparKid71 owns CH23T1C122977, a NYer with black vinyl top (with sunroof) and green vinyl interior (he also used to own a 1971 Polara Brougham 2dr), and @IronClad owns CE23K1C151247, a 1971 Newport Royal that he bought a couple of years ago.

On the Plymouth side, @tdyer1 owns PP23U1D149992, a 1971 U-code SFGT that he bought in 2019.

Enjoy the links!

Back