Just Wondering . . .

jollyjoker

Reaction score
Everybody is familiar w/ the big combined 1970-1971 Parts Book. Over all the years, I've never seen a Parts Book that covered 1970 ONLY. Surely they must have published something for the Service Dept to use from late 69 thru mid-70.

Anybody ever seen one, or know the answer to this mystery?

So, what did the guys down in the Service Department do, when a customer would walk in Feb 1970 and ask for a new piece of fender chrome for his brand-new 70 Monaco, to replace the one he just dented? The combined 70-71 Book wouldn't have been out yet . . .

So, what did the guys down in the Service Department do, when a customer would walk in Feb 1970 and ask for a new piece of fender chrome for his brand-new 70 Monaco, to replace the one he just dented? The combined 70-71 Book wouldn't have been out yet . . .

He has a valid point here....

A question that finally stumps all of the Best & the Brightest at FCBO...

Last edited:
in my experience with gm parts books, gm would send out updates every time it was needed. they would be added to the existing parts book until such time as a completely new book was published.
keep in mind that the parts book were used in dealerships and covered cars mostly within a five year span. i have never seen a year specific book due to the carryover of so many parts.

I think we discussed this before. Someone has a 1970 only parts book.

70-71 manual woulda been printed early lm thinking given the 70-71 were similar....know theres parts in there for the 71 that were axed pre 71

maybe Mopar knewthere would be no changes so they published the 70-71 right away.:p

I think we discussed this before. Someone has a 1970 only parts book.
This guy had one.

Screenshot_2016-11-26-22-21-53-866.jpeg

I have seen 70 only parts books for sale at swap meets in the distant past.
I think 70cat got it right. The original 70 books were up dated through 71 to the point that most became a two year edition.

Back