Kids, Kars and why I don't butcher them.

Great story. On the way home from Carlisle Olivia, 11, was napping in the front seat with me. When I look in the back Aaron and Nathanael have the big armrest down and they both have a head laying on it fast asleep. If I hadn't been going 70mph I would've tried to get a picture. They all enjoy taking the car for rides, sometimes I think more than me... that's a good thing.

My son, now that he turned 10, is aware that he can drive when 16. He has waxed and waned over what car he wants to drive. He never really wanted any of the older cars from what I could tell. For some years he did like the 91 Mazda 626 hatchback because of the area behind the rear set and the fact that the windows were darkened. Now he has voiced that he would very much like to have the 2004 Le Sabre which is a really nice car, really nice. Only it was my father's last car, his pride and joy, that officially became mine in February. So there is a strong connection between me and that car.

Pol_Brendan_001.JPG

Little kid eyesight amazes me. She runs right over to it [front of Mercury Marquis] and says "Lions Daddy! But these are skeleton faces! I don't like skeletons!"
Anyways, I suppose watching her notice all the details and the calming, nostalgic effect they have on me vs. hideous modern insect cars is a big reason why I own them and enjoy using them so much. You just wouldn't have these moments if they were trailer queens or modified beyond recognition.

Just a thought for the night.
Don't let her anywhere near any new Lexus/Toyotas!

I apologize for butchering your text in the quote, but I wanted readers to see the parts I'm referring to.

A couple years ago I fantasized about FCA US seeing a market for bringing back the Plymouth Valiant complete with a retro look a la 1969; the TV voiceover would say, And its front-end styling won't scare your children."

I remember a family road trip when I was eight years old: at a gas station was a brand-new car that was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. It was a '74 Newport Custom sedan.

Great thread:thumbsup:
My 2 1/2 year old grandson just discovered the Polara the other day.
I have high hopes that he will want to continue the family car guy legacy.

He loves anything with wheels including all of my model car collection...

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

Last edited:
I had some one on one time with the grandson , He loves anything that has a steering wheel and tires.
B7B2909A-3CBA-4709-8E5B-B03CA9A18E63.jpeg
F106F5DD-5983-44E4-8881-E378D9A35716.jpeg
6175CB56-5D21-4FAD-8582-4DE1C2316329.jpeg

I had some one on one time with the grandson , He loves anything that has a steering wheel and tires. View attachment 309803 View attachment 309804 View attachment 309805
My grand son loves his cars as well as well.

He’s 2 1/2 years old and the preschool teachers are trying to label him as a OCD kid because he loves his cars so much.
He’s only 2 1/2 for pete’s Sake!!!!
The next generations are in trouble
I told them to leave him be
We need kids like him to pick up after we leave this earth.

While I do not have a C body to ride my son in he provoked the motivation to assemble my Charger, not keep waiting for the 1000 point resto that was never going to happen. Parking in the driveway after driving home from the Nat's this weekend it now has 5016 miles since I put it on the road Wednesday before driving out Thursday before the Nat's 3 years ago. He has enjoyed many spirited drives, burnouts, drifts, and other childish displays. Never on a trailer. He has plenty of sweat equity in the car, and understands that abuse equals short parts life.
Also he has enjoyed running the last 30 miles with no alternator after dark limping into Norwalk Oh and diagnosing the problem the next day (voltage regulator, should have bought one from Bill at Carlisle).
So there is hope for kids these days.

While I do not have a C body to ride my son in he provoked the motivation to assemble my Charger, not keep waiting for the 1000 point resto that was never going to happen. Parking in the driveway after driving home from the Nat's this weekend it now has 5016 miles since I put it on the road Wednesday before driving out Thursday before the Nat's 3 years ago. He has enjoyed many spirited drives, burnouts, drifts, and other childish displays. Never on a trailer. He has plenty of sweat equity in the car, and understands that abuse equals short parts life.
Also he has enjoyed running the last 30 miles with no alternator after dark limping into Norwalk Oh and diagnosing the problem the next day (voltage regulator, should have bought one from Bill at Carlisle).
whos awesome.jpg

That's his car for all intents and purposes anyhow... you're dangerously close to only getting to ride shotgun, old man. :poke:

May as well get a Formal for yourself... :lol:

He’s a lucky kid!:thumbsup:

That's his car for all intents and purposes anyhow
In the mean time he is looking for a 66-67 Coronet/Satellite. He was really eyeballing that 67 Plymouth (roadkill) car in the car corral at the Nat's. I could see the wheels turning in his head, with his newly acquired welding confidence and skill.

In the mean time he is looking for a 66-67 Coronet/Satellite. He was really eyeballing that 67 Plymouth (roadkill) car in the car corral at the Nat's. I could see the wheels turning in his head, with his newly acquired welding confidence and skill.
That's a good thing to pass along... I'm glad his disease is progressing. :thumbsup:

I was tickled by the story of his diagnosis of the car on the way to Carlisle, a bright young man with an uncluttered mind... better than twit-chatting on his phone the whole trip.:D

Back