Let's talk starters.

For what?
For this:

D5845A8F-D824-4681-93FA-A3F2A28900A1.jpeg
B25A69BA-5D78-4B85-959A-DCAC459ADE2A.jpeg

That puts the wires far enough out in front of the exhaust pipe? At first glance, it looks like the terminals are closer to the block, but I see how it points the wires away from the exhaust. Might have to try one out.
I may get it installed next weekend. If I get the spraying done @ my acreage.

I've posted this before, but it's always good to recall stuff again! The bottom, last post. Good Luck
Moparts on the Web - Main Index
Stubbs, you remove that factory terminal for small blocks if you use the adapter that is the basis for this thread. The stater fits, but the wires are very close to block and exhaust.

Last edited:
I didn't have a problem, I just removed the terminal and had to do some grindin to make it fit. Wire position is fine, I must be missing something as I don't see why everyone's talkin about with this terminal??

I didn't have a problem, I just removed the terminal and had to do some grindin to make it fit. Wire position is fine, I must be missing something as I don't see why everyone's talkin about with this terminal??
Why the grinding? I've never had to, and I've installed several.

Why the grinding? I've never had to, and I've installed several.
From the last reply from the Mofarts link and I quote. "I have read that some people have been having trouble fitting the P5249644 MP mini starters on B engines. The Mancini starter bolted right up to the 440 with room to spare, no grinding or other modifications needed."
Maybe your workin 440's?? Mine is a 383, I didn't have to grind for it to fit my /6, gee, I wonder why???
I guess maybe 67 Monaco's just as confused as I am here????

One went on a 383, no issue
From the last reply from the Mofarts link and I quote. "I have read that some people have been having trouble fitting the P5249644 MP mini starters on B engines. The Mancini starter bolted right up to the 440 with room to spare, no grinding or other modifications needed."
Maybe your workin 440's?? Mine is a 383, I didn't have to grind for it to fit my /6, gee, I wonder why???
I guess maybe 67 Monaco's just as confused as I am here????
Yes, the Moparts post said that about the MP starter, regular replacement starters fit just fine, it's the wires that are at issue.

Now I see that this is another one of those old, dead, now worthlessly resurrected topics that have no real usefulness but to cause confusion! I'm gone!

Now I see that this is another one of those old, dead, now worthlessly resurrected topics that have no real usefulness but to cause confusion! I'm gone!
I am grateful that I have found this reference material.
I am sorry that you appear to have an issue with the fact that we are discussing this.
I am glad that you have chosen to move on.

I have purchased the mini-starter (eBay link above) for Medina. Here are pics from the listing for records: the battery cable terminal adapter to which Wyatt and Steve refer is shown in the last photo (it can also be bought separately).

Turns out that I am blind, as I did not see that the adapter in the one I ordered was not the right one. As one can see in the photo below, taken by @71Polara383, it leads to rubbing against the block ("see where something has rubbed on the paint? That's where the terminals included with the mini hit the engine"):

upload_2020-6-16_15-31-42.png

So I bought the adapter recommended above by @3175375, from eBay. Installation should be complete by this weekend at the latest.

I guess I still don't get it?? I saw that same issue myself, that's why I put the wires on the starter before mounting/installing it. I guess I just think and work outside the box and get things done? I'd use that $20 towards another junkyard starter personally!

Back