Long, boring days of winter

Yatzee

Reaction score
Got a bit bored this winter and decided to upgrade my cluster using a couple shabby ones I had laying around. Put all the important gauges "in my face" for easy viewing and included LED's for high beam and oil pressure below 18 p.s.i. It was a most enjoyable project that I have posted pics of unlit and lit. I'll leave the gauges lit continually because they are LED illuminated.

Finished.jpg

Litcluster.jpg

Mounting.jpg

Plate.jpg

Nice work, that looks great!

For all the purists, my original speedo is chrome working, and in tact. This was a total piece of junk I salvaged four years ago. The carbon fiber backing comes from TopVinylFilms and you should check them out for products. The clear bezel is Lexan bent on a sheet metal buck bent to the exact curve and heated in the wife's oven. The paint that looks like chrome is Krylon Original Chrome. The fine chrome trim on the very outside edge came from Brandsport.com. It's actually 1/8" pressure sensitive 3M trim and comes in varying widths and profiles. Great for redoing interior items as well as exterior where chroming is price prohibitive. Thanks for your kind comments - it's really appreciated.

1.jpg

2.jpg

That gives me an idea or two for the dash I want to build for my lowered '68 Dodge D100 pickup!

The fine chrome trim on the very outside edge came from Brandsport.com. It's actually 1/8" pressure sensitive 3M trim and comes in varying widths and profiles. Great for redoing interior items as well as exterior where chroming is price prohibitive.

Was this stuff easy to work with? Obviously pretty flexible? Just checked the website out. Gonna have to bookmark it. Giving me some ideas as well.

Showing some real skill and artistic ability. I'm happy if I paint something and it doesn't run.

Back