Long time lurkers first post.

Hey, Howyadoin? Welcome.
Doing well, a little frustrated trying to post pics, hopefully soon, Thanks WP_20151016_16_58_34_Pro.jpgWP_20151001_11_19_56_Pro.jpgWP_20150412_21_13_20_Pro.jpgWP_20151016_16_59_06_Pro.jpg

WP_20151016_16_58_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20151001_11_19_56_Pro.jpg

WP_20150412_21_13_20_Pro.jpg

WP_20151016_16_59_06_Pro.jpg

Nice, finally figured it out, that was a frustrating couple of hours and thank you all for the welcomes. First picture is of the floor of the car in the third pic. (don't worry I've been using heavy duty entrance carpet with thick rubber backing) Second pic. Lucky me, latest junkyard find 72 newport coupe, was picked a bit before I came across it, I picked calipers, thick pads and rotors, hubs, dash pad (perfect), drivers side floor (fourth pic.), smaller portions of the passenger side floor and the high back bench seat with...get this factory? pass. side electric heat element? Someone went to town on the instrument panel with a crowbar judging by the shards (luckily no damage to pad) so I couldn't see the switch. The wiring appears factory and there is a pentastar tag on the wire between the element and the connector. It won't be there much longer, let me know if you might need something from it, I was thinking of taking the roof and making it fit my 70 newport convertible, but that would be a lot of work, and might not look right. Third pic. Current runner, 71 Newport custom, purchased a couple of years ago for 800$ was going to part it out, but it ran to well to do that. So after more than 2 years and 8000 trouble free (not quite) miles, I found her some "new" floor pans. I had to chisel them out by hand, the yard does allow drills so I could get the spots, but no grinders, saws etc.

I dont see a photo of the 71 Polara that you wanna sell me...
No the Polara has been off the road for a couple of years now, So no pictures on new phone and it's not really for sale, though neither was her twin, the Monaco. I'll try to get some pics. up. Did anyone see the Six Pack Formal posted on the previous page? I think that one deserves it's own thread, which I am currently unable to do. Nudge, nudge. It is for sale.

Thanks again for the welcomes, and yeah the no grinders and saws rule stinks, all it takes is one dough head to ruin it for everyone, but if you want the part bad enough...

Fifth car, 70 Newport convertible, was White, White top, Black bucket int. with buddy seat, non original 440 semi-fresh, quarters shot, still a blast.

Do you still have that Newport ragtop? Regardless, would you post its fender tag in this thread?

Do you still have that Newport ragtop? Regardless, would you post its fender tag in this thread?

Yep, still have the Newport, I didn't post it because it's not a late build. I have posted it elsewhere and caught a bit of flack because it was originally a 383, four barrel car, N? Code. Still 3 C's and and LX. '70 Newport convertible, '71 New Yorker coupe, factory sunroof, '71 Polara coupe and '06 Magnum SXT. 3 C's and a D? Is supposed to sound like a parent questioning a bad report card, not sure if that came across? That and I was contemplating purchasing a '66 Imperial at the time.

Yep, still have the Newport, I didn't post it because it's not a late build.

That thread started out as a (good-natured) competition for the latest build, but over time it evolved into some sort of repository of tags for all last-year convertibles.

I have posted it elsewhere and caught a bit of flack because it was originally a 383, four barrel car, N-Code.

Thanks, I found it. Interesting read!

Back