Look at my plate!

Not sure if anyone else sees the likeness
Didn't know the imagination that went into picking that plate Paul. Like it.
Mine didn't take too much imagination....
Plates_70 RT.jpg
Plates_71 New Yorker.jpg
Plates_69 Imperial.jpg

Both of my cars have "personalized" plates. In AZ, you can purchase period correct plates from an antique store, eBay, etc and put them on you car. However, they are considered personalized and carry the $25/year surcharge. Probably silly to pay the same amount for the surcharge as my registration but if I were into pinching pennies, I wouldn't own c bodies. The plates are in mint condition and look cool as hell on the cars though.

While not a Mopar, here’s my specialty plate on Mel, a 95 Buick Roadmaster Limited. It was my fiancée’s dads, Mel.
His uncle nicknamed him Ike, which he despised. I ran the idea by my fiancé, her siblings and my future mother-in-law and they all thought it was a great idea.
The Mr. Bill also adds to the eccentric character. 8^P
DDE803A9-3B2D-46C7-9CB1-6C80ADA2486D.jpeg

While not a Mopar, here’s my specialty plate on Mel, a 95 Buick Roadmaster Limited. It was my fiancée’s dads, Mel.
His uncle nicknamed him Ike, which he despised. I ran the idea by my fiancé, her siblings and my future mother-in-law and they all thought it was a great idea.
The Mr. Bill also adds to the eccentric character. 8^P
View attachment 495872
My first thought on seeing that plate was it's owned by someone who either 1) looks like Dwight Eisenhower, or 2) didn't like Dwight Eisenhower.

Okay, if ayilar is joining in on this silly display of machismo....so will I! Again!! [Gotta love the U Code reference on the blue car, for sure]

Christmas time, 2020.JPG

Last edited:
Nothing personalized, just two 1966 YOM OK tags on two 1966 cars.

Of course, my Coronet plate is on a '66 Coronet. Had the "T" been a "P", it'd been perfect 100% for my '66 500. Funny thing - I found the WT-66 tag at a swap meet in West Germany in 1989, and paid 10 DM (about four dollars then) for it.

The Imperial plate has a long-defunct OKC Chrysler dealership frame that originally came off a minty '72 Satellite coupe I had in the late '80s.

coronet oct22-2.jpg

Imperial butt.jpg

Imperial butt (2).jpg

When I first posted pictures of my New Yorker plates, someone asked me if I was a Pontiac fan.
Actually, it had nothing to do with Pontiac and everything to do with Pink Floyd.

IMG_4893.jpeg

PXL_20230524_002631691.jpg

On my Polara 500

IMG_20190307_123357.jpg

Gone, but not forgotten

IMG_20200613_104343.jpg

I have one more to add in a couple of hours.

I think I'll replate this one, I forgot to bring the scrap of paper when I applied for the plate and messed it up.

PXL_20230614_121956538.jpg

Back