Looking for 69 Chrysler Dealership Paper Work

MJFUR

Reaction score
I have a 69 Chrysler 300 and have some original Dealership books, brochures and paper work. What other books or brochures would have been available to try and locate?

I already have the Maintenance and Parts manuals. Thx

IMG_8441 - Copya.jpg

IMG_8442.JPG

This is not dealership stuff, but as we had the '66 Newport, it allegedly was time for a new Chrysler, so we got a packet of art prints, on heavy paper, about 8"x6", very suitable for framing and a museum-type, single-lit wall picture, of the new 1969 Chrysler models (same as in the brochure). At the time, to me, it was VERY special and went into a protected area for archiving.

I was in love with the styling of those Fuselage Chryslers! But we were not in the market for a replacement for the 1966. But I did end up with a 1970 Dodge Monaco Brougham 4dr ht and as I had taken the '66 to college, my parents got a new (almost left-over) '72 Newport Royal 400 2bbl (electronic ignition) car.

Such memories!
Happy Holidays!
CBODY67

I've been collecting various ads, promotional and tech stuff for my '65 Barracuda.

There's a lot of different things, like I have a matchbook from the dealer the car came from. Magazine road tests and ads are fairly easy to come by with some searching on eBay.

I found a lot of dealer brochures and when I figured I had about everything, I started looking at the European and Canadian marketing brochures. It's fun to have identical brochures, one in English and one in French, for example.

Here's an example of a '69 300 ad I pulled up in an easy eBay search. 1969 CHRYSLER NEWPORT CAR AUTOMOBILE Vintage 7.75"X11" Magazine Ad 1960's M311 | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

Then if you want to get into the tech stuff, you can find the Master Tech reference books used to train dealer mechanics. This example is priced a little high, you can usually find deals on multiple issues.

1969 Chrysler Plymouth Dodge Master Tech Service Reference Book Disc Brakes | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

Once you start down the rabbit hole, you will start finding all kinds of stuff...

I have a 69 Chrysler 300 and have some original Dealership books, brochures and paper work. What other books or brochures would have been available to try and locate?

I already have the Maintenance and Parts manuals. Thx

View attachment 572937

View attachment 572938
You're just starting to scratch the surface with what you have now. Also look for: The Colour & trim book, dealer showroom display materials (signs posters, other items that were either free standing or hung from the ceiling), the Master Tech filmstrip & record sets shown in another response, the Product, Features and Comparison filmstrip and record sets, the service manual, technical service bulletins (combined with Plymouth) numerous dealer bulletins, the order & code guide, print advertising, TV commercials on 16mm film, internal Chrysler correspondence especially on the 300 Hurst. The list can go on and on and on.

I see you have the service manual and parts catalog. Check the date on your parts catalog. Chrysler typically issued the paper parts catalogue three times for a single model year. The first edition is usually dated September or October of the prior year, in your case 1968, the second edition (Interim) usually is dated February or March (of 1969) and the final edition will be dated September or October (of 1969). The latest edition will have the fewest mistakes in it. Because none of these catalogues is 100% correct, you might also want to look for Cancelled Obsolete Superceded books. These will show new part numbers for items that have either been taken out of production, or replaced by another part. The dealer bulletins I mentioned will include bulletins for the sales manager on changes to vehicles being built and sold, bulletins for parts managers on parts newly released, newly cancelled or replaced and what to do with old stock, and bulletins for the service manager. These would include the Technical Service Bulletins, but would also include things to check when doing pre-delivery inspections and also include recalls.

You could easily fill the trunk of a '69 Chrysler with material on the car itself.

Last edited:
Back