Looking for Advice on Fuel Pump and Fuel Cap

rsbolin

Reaction score
Not soliciting.

Looking for advice on a replacement fuel pump, and fuel cap for '78 New Yorker Brougham with 440. Mileage is 17,730.

The car has the original fuel/gas cap. How would I know if it is time to get a new one?

Contact Craig @mobileparts He is a member here and sells quality parts for our older rides. Several of us here buy from him and are very satisfied. As for your fuel cap, unless it is a vented cap and the vents are clogged, I can't see why you would need a new cap. My '68 Fury was only 14 years old when I bought it and it still has the same cap on it today.

Looking for advice on a replacement fuel pump, and fuel cap for '78 New Yorker Brougham with 440. Mileage is 17,730.
Rock Auto should have something. The Carter would be my choice.
The car has the original fuel/gas cap. How would I know if it is time to get a new one?
I only replace a gas cap when I leave it behind after filling the tank.

Seriously, they don't go bad unless the seal gets damaged or torn. As long as it still tightens, it's good.

Seriously, they don't go bad unless the seal gets damaged or torn. As long as it still tightens, it's good.

Thanks, Big John.

Contact Craig @mobileparts He is a member here and sells quality parts for our older rides. Several of us here buy from him and are very satisfied. As for your fuel cap, unless it is a vented cap and the vents are clogged, I can't see why you would need a new cap. My '68 Fury was only 14 years old when I bought it and it still has the same cap on it today.
Thanks, mrfury68.

Back