Looking for opinion - mags vs wheel covers

Yep. That works.

attachment.php

Whitewalls were common in both examples back in the day, and both look good with or without them.

Remember, if you go with the Charger wheel covers, you will NEED the 14" x 6" JJ Charger (or station wagon) wheels. The stock 14" x 5-1/2" wheels your Fury likely has, do not have the depth necessary to keep these covers on the wheel, and they WILL come off while you are driving!!! Guaranteed!

the torque thrust style wheels never look bad. It's a classic look. That being said yours look oxidized and don't look good with the dull looking paint. If you can polish them up or even plasticoat the spokes gray or black and clean up the outer edge it'll make a huge difference. Some nice chrome ones would look good as well. It'll divert people's eyes from the dull paint on the car.

I vote mags.

like was said earlier, the mags look period correct,The caps are dodge ...I had those on my monaco for years,still have them with 3 extra sets of caps .Im a 66 monaco parts hoarder..But then I found some deep dish cragars with spinners for $100.00 on C.L..Im my opinion Cragars make anything look good..BEFORE03-14-%7E3.jpg AFTERHooters8182013_041.jpg not a good pic but you guys know the look...of cragars with spinners

03-14-%7E3.jpg

Hooters8182013_041.jpg

like was said earlier, the mags look period correct,The caps are dodge ...I had those on my monaco for years,still have them with 3 extra sets of caps .Im a 66 monaco parts hoarder..But then I found some deep dish cragars with spinners for $100.00 on C.L..Im my opinion Cragars make anything look good..BEFOREView attachment 31715 AFTERView attachment 31717 not a good pic but you guys know the look...of cragars with spinners
I like the magnums on a Polara

P1010348.jpg

P1010347.jpg

like was said earlier, the mags look period correct,The caps are dodge ...I had those on my monaco for years,still have them with 3 extra sets of caps .Im a 66 monaco parts hoarder..

First I will say I like the 66 Sport Fury best with the factory 66 Sport Fury wheel covers. But, I also like the 66 Dodge spinner wheel covers, and the mags on that Fury are about the only mags I like. One point about those spinner wheel covers though. They are Dodge wheel covers, but in Australia, the 66 Fury was rebadged as a Dodge Phoenix, and the 66 Dodge Phoenix came with those spinner wheel covers. Therefore, they do Not look out of place on a 66 Fury. Bottom line factory correct 66 Sport Fury Wheel covers, 66 Dodge spinner wheel covers or the mags shown on the Fury (with your choice of white wall, red lines rwl, or blackwall) all look good on a 66 Sport Fury. I really don't like the basic black steel wheels either with chrome lug nuts (unless its a factory 6 pack car) or dog dish caps (unless its a restored police car), but I don't like most mags either.

Back